Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 19, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
I 100% agree. I think come Monday there is going to be a massive outcry about this. DH said today it should be illegal for companies to take money/print a positive spin when they are hanging onto a cliff edge.

I think the only way the Government will give them the money is to save jobs and to save them money bringing everyone home.

The way TC have acted like nothing is wrong and all is going to be fine when they don't 100% know that has put me off them for life. And all there associated businesses also.
The problem being is if they didn’t they lose more income and become even less attractive to those trying to ‘save them’

I’m not defending their actions on saying everything’s fine, just explaining why they have likely done it
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Looks like the end of TC then, and yes you still can book holidays on there website as I've just checked.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
I 100% agree. The whole thing minds me of a book I love... Adrain Mole the prostrate years. I think come Monday there is going to be a massive outcry about this. DH said today it should be illegal for companies to take money/print a positive spin when they are hanging onto a cliff edge.

I think the only way the Government will give them the money is to save jobs and to save them money bringing everyone home.

The way TC have acted like nothing is wrong and all is going to be fine when they don't 100% know that has put me off them for life. And all there associated businesses also.
There will be nothing to be put off
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

It’s all well and good saying book other flights but If like me you don’t have a credit card or £1000’s to book them with you’re stuffed really. My mum is due to go to Cuba with them next week hopefully everything will be ok
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Looks like government loan is only chance now if these reports are correct. I'm not sure the government can lend private entities cash to help them survive though due to the precedent, and competition law but that's just what I've read.
The EU won’t allow such a bail out, look at British Steel and Rover Group.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
CookieMonster54
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
The EU won’t allow such a bail out, look at British Steel and Rover Group.
Regardless of being in the EU the government shouldn’t be getting involved why should our taxes be used when companies have made significant losses through no fault but their own
CookieMonster54 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
Some reports on FB that some hotel guests have been contacted as TC have not paid the hotel bill and customers are being asked to pay the hotel bill directly :/
We were away when XL airways went bust. We got a letter left in our room saying our travel company had gone bust before nothing to worry about as everything was paid for and enjoy the rest of our holiday. There was a email address and website for more details. Every day we had finished in the parks we went to Disney Quest just to keep a update on what was going on with our flight home. Monarch airlines brought us back and they also gone out of business.
On the Saturday they went bust families had booked flights with another airline and got to Disney to find there hotel and park tickets had not been paid for.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
I’ve a friend who has booked DIY flights with TC and paid by bank transfer - effectively cash. She rang them today and they told her not to worry worst case she can just have a different holiday from them and nothing to worry about. They also told her she’d get a refund if it went pear shaped. Which clearly she won’t. They haven’t got insurance. I haven’t the heart to tell her the likelihood of them going on holiday is slim to none.

If hotel guests are being contacted to pay direct then it sounds like curtains. If Tc have gone to ask for government funding then I’m assuming talks with potential founders have failed. What an absolute mess. Are they still selling holidays? I’ve seen loads of people online calling it fake news and encouraging people to keep booking.
She I’ll still be covered by atol won’t she? If not I’d tell her to pay for some insurance right now

Edited at 08:34 AM.
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Flights have gone out this morning. Let’s hope they get this 200m from somewhere.
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Flights have gone out this morning. Let’s hope they get this 200m from somewhere.
well said yorkshire but according to the times at approx 12.01 ministers are inclined to refuse i think it has more to do with the regulations on bail out but just listening to lbc and a so called expert called simon telling everybody to go and book holidays at TC today as great deals unbelievable really but said all out already will be flown home but not possibly at the original airport and transport will take folk to original airport if needed
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List