Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Mar 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Funnyface
Trying for More Ears

Mobile August 2019 indirect flights

We’ve usually booked our flights by now but just not found any for the right price yet. Anyone else still waiting to book for the August? We have accommodation and cruise booked already. Don’t really mind where we fly from, although Birmingham would be amazing. We want to go around the 8th August but don’t mind if it’s a few days either side. Only things we’re sure of is definitely Tampa airport and returning on 1st September. We’ve been twice in August last few years and never paid more than £450 each for flights. At the moment it’s looking more like £600 each 😳
Funnyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Exactly the same - there's been nothing since Virgin reduced flights from London to around £350 (plus baggage) - and that was back in Dec/Jan time
I'm getting a little twitchy...
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Busby
Excited about Disney

we have normally booked way before now. Still looking for our dates Aug13/14 to Aug29/30. Hoping something comes along soon
Busby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m struggling to find anything less than £850😬
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Red Nats
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

I twitched!

Also been looking and tracking daily. I was starting to stress though and couldn’t get excited about the holiday. My return date also wasn’t moveable as i had cruise booked too and have to be back for school.

I’d have gone indirect if it was significantly cheaper but it wasn’t. I couldn’t even get indirect at a decent price. So I caved in on Monday and bought TC direct from mcr for £675 each. Dates we wanted and direct . Ind was more!
I posted below somewhere.

I feel so much more relaxed now it’s hooked and have done nothing but look up blogs since. My flight stress has now turned into have I booked the right accommodation stress instead. Oops think I need to leave it for a bit!
Red Nats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Have you tried BA? We got a good deal with a package and I found using google flights for the chart to tell you when is cheapest is handy. We are going from Gatwick to Tampa and then returning MCO via Philly to Heathrow. Interestingly when I changed what is recommended doing the direct outbound first added £134 then doing the other way -£450. If I changed the homecoming flight first to a non direct it was £0 difference and then added £134 for the direct going out. Madness! It was interesting that flying out from MCO actually opened up so many more options that you could save quite a bit. So just play around.
Old 28 Mar 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Funnyface
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thanks for all the advice everyone 😊 will play around with ba and changing to mco for return. Give it a few more weeks anyway but getting impatient 😂
Funnyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Try Dublin.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Busby
Excited about Disney

After waiting longer than normal we have bit the bullet and booked today. Not the cheapest deal but something we are happy with. LGW > TPA Aug13th return TPA > PHL > LHR Aug29th.

Booked with BA £680 ea for 4 with group S (Ford Explorer)car also included for the 16 days.
With one way direct we thought it was a good price for us.

Good luck to those still looking...
Busby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Busby View Post
After waiting longer than normal we have bit the bullet and booked today. Not the cheapest deal but something we are happy with. LGW > TPA Aug13th return TPA > PHL > LHR Aug29th.

Booked with BA £680 ea for 4 with group S (Ford Explorer)car also included for the 16 days.
With one way direct we thought it was a good price for us.

Good luck to those still looking...
We are doing similar starting later, we will see you on the PHL>LHR route!