Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Mar 17, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kthead5
Gone all Goofy

Mobile Virgin

Has anyone experience any problems with virgin? And how did you go about sorting it out?

We have booked a holiday 18 months ago. My mum is not very well and is taking all her children and grandchildren on a life time holiday to Florida.

She has done everything. Even down to booking and paying an additional £700 on top of the holiday price to make sure we all sit together on the aeroplane.

We went back into our booking last night to find out we have all been moved about and 6 of us have been taking off al together.

They have now re sold our seats to another family. And will not put us back to our original seats. It isn't their policy. Even though we have paperwork detailing we have booked and paid for those seats. And at the top of the booking form. It's says "sit back and relax"

What a complete joke. It has very much upset us and put a bad start to our holiday. We have a month to go. So upsetting.
kthead5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Social media. Put you experience on Facebook and twitter.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Give them a ring asap.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Disgraceful. Hammer them on Social Media - Facebook has done the trick for a lot of people on here.

On another note, we go 4 weeks on Monday too!
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Oh Toodles
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Shocking behaviour!
Is this Virgin Holidays?
As well as using social media, as above, I would consider a long email to the CEO explaining your position.
Bypass customer service and get that email done!
Often you'll find you get a response from someone higher up the chain who may be able to help.
Good luck and keep us informed.
Oh Toodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2010
Imagineer

Disney2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
I would call them first to discuss the issue & request they log it with their complaints team. We have travelled with Virgin Holidays on many occasions & have also had any minor issues (if any) sorted very swiftly.
If they fail to respond to your satisfaction then I would suggest heading to their Twitter site as this often gets a strong response.

Hope you manage to get the issues sorted. Even if you can't all sit together on the plane... It won't spoil your family holiday, I promise

Zoe x
Old 24 Mar 17, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The sickening thing about this is if you booked 18 months ago the price your mother paid almost certainly would not have been cheap. Tell them you intend to go to the likes of the Daily Mail if they don't give you what you want. They love running these sort of stories.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
kthead5
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

We have phone. Apparently there is nothing they can do about it! We did book through virgin holidays and been back into the girls today to sort this out even they can't get an sensible answer from virgin Atlantic. I've posted on twitter and Facebook and send an email to customer relations as they won't even give me another email address to escalate this. They have lied to us about things which is against their relaugations.

I'm hoping it's not going to ruin our holiday. Their is 15 of us 7 children and we wanted to sit together on the aeroplane not just as a family but at least we can try and keep the children entertained between us.
kthead5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kthead5 View Post
We have phone. Apparently there is nothing they can do about it! We did book through virgin holidays and been back into the girls today to sort this out even they can't get an sensible answer from virgin Atlantic. I've posted on twitter and Facebook and send an email to customer relations as they won't even give me another email address to escalate this. They have lied to us about things which is against their relaugations.

I'm hoping it's not going to ruin our holiday. Their is 15 of us 7 children and we wanted to sit together on the aeroplane not just as a family but at least we can try and keep the children entertained between us.
As someone else suggested email their CEO or VA's CEO (or both) you will find their email addresses if you google CEO's of British companies, I always find this works, they won't respond but it will be passed to their office to deal with, be polite but firm, tell them how dissapointed you are, the branch staff probably don't have any authority to change anything for you
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mylander
Trying for More Ears

We had a problem with Virgin Atlantic a couple of years ago, not getting anywhere but emailed the CEO. Got a reply and an manager assigned to the case and all sorted.
mylander is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List