Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Aug 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post

FastPass..Making the first three..

I'm pretty sure you have to make three and can't make just two, so if I just fancy Toy Story and Star Tours at DHS, but add Voyage of the little mermaid as my third choice but don't really want to do it, after doing the first two, can I cancel voyage and pick Toy Story again...?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You don't have to choose 3 but you cannot choose another Tier 1 before using at least three as intended. You couldn't cancel the last one, you would have to allow it to time expire, or use it (or scan at the entrance but not actually do the attraction). Once it has been scanned you can make another FP. The issue you would have is whether or not any Toy Story FPs would still be available at that point.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
You don't have to choose 3 but you cannot choose another Tier 1 before using at least three as intended. You couldn't cancel the last one, you would have to allow it to time expire, or use it (or scan at the entrance but not actually do the attraction). Once it has been scanned you can make another FP. The issue you would have is whether or not any Toy Story FPs would still be available at that point.
Cheers for that..I could have swore you had to make the initial 3 choices and if not, it prompted you do so..I must have been dreaming this...lol...
Old 15 Aug 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Cheers for that..I could have swore you had to make the initial 3 choices and if not, it prompted you do so..I must have been dreaming this...lol...
That used to be the case. Since then, they have updated so you can make just one if you wish (for example, I have just one FP made for Frozen Ever After at Epcot) but, if the one you have is a tier 1, you have to make and use another two in order to make another Tier 1 FP.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
That used to be the case. Since then, they have updated so you can make just one if you wish (for example, I have just one FP made for Frozen Ever After at Epcot) but, if the one you have is a tier 1, you have to make and use another two in order to make another Tier 1 FP.
Jeez...So if I make a FP for Soarin, ( tier one ) I need to make another two ( tier twos) or a FP for FOA in animal kingdom, I need to make a futher two in the tier two selection..
Old 15 Aug 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Jeez...So if I make a FP for Soarin, ( tier one ) I need to make another two ( tier twos) or a FP for FOA in animal kingdom, I need to make a futher two in the tier two selection..
That's right.

If you want to book another Tier 1 for that day you need to have used your initial Tier 1 and two Tier 2's.

So you use Soarin'. You must then tap in for 2 x Tier 2's before you can book another headliner.

Also it used to be the case (might have changed now?) If you wanted to park hop from say Epcot to Animal Kingdom in the same day - You must use Epcot Tier 1 & two Tier 2's before you can book ANY (regardless of tier rating) ride in Animal Kingdom.

Here's a tip though.

Book your Tier 1 for early-ish, say as follows..

Soarin' - 10.00 - 11.00
Living w. Land - 11.00 - 12.00
Nemo - 12.00 - 13.00

Once you have tapped in for your Soarin' FP, whilst in the queue get on MDE & try to move up your next two FP.

If you tap in to Soarin' at 10.05. You can actually modify your next ones to 10.05 - 11.05 & 11.05 - 12.05 and not have to wait for the next hour slot (provided there is availability).

Then once you've tapped in for Living w. Land, get modifying again to bring the third forward. That means you can be looking for a new Tier 1 (or tier 2) FP hours before you would have been able to if you waited for your original slots.

It works better if you do the Tier 1 first though as it's much easier to modify & find earlier slots on the day for less popular rides.

Edited at 04:31 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Edited my above post.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Edited my above post.
Wow.. Thanks for the info.. I’ll get my boy to do this as I’ll probably make a boo boo...lol..
Old 15 Aug 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Just for info, according to the Fastpass Availability page, there are still fastpasses available for Toy Story Mania on the day today. It's almost 12:30pm in Florida at the moment and there are still TSM fastpasses available in the afternoon.

(There are also fastpasses still available for Alien Swirling Saucers this evening).

So, there's a reasonably good chance of getting an additional TSM fastpass on the day once you've used your first three.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Just for info, according to the Fastpass Availability page, there are still fastpasses available for Toy Story Mania on the day today. It's almost 12:30pm in Florida at the moment and there are still TSM fastpasses available in the afternoon.

(There are also fastpasses still available for Alien Swirling Saucers this evening).

So, there's a reasonably good chance of getting an additional TSM fastpass on the day once you've used your first three.
Depending, of course, on when you're going - relatively low crowd levels currently compared to, say, Easter, Christmas, June/July