Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 21 Jan 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Vickygreen
First POST

Mobile Running in Florida

I am coming to Florida in March mid way through training for a marathon. I am staying on international drive and wondering if you can run on the roads, are there paths etc ? Any advice greatly appreciated
Vickygreen is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

If you google international drive running routes you will get routes miles etc if that's any help
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
You'd get a ticket if stepped on the roads out there let alone tried to run on it, plus you'd most likely get run over. There are pavements however with the number of entrances to businesses etc I doubt you'd get much of a pace due to the volume of traffic entering/leaving. There are parks around the area - not a runner so not sure if that is an acceptable alternative.
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

I would stick to running in the parks as John suggested. I am a runner, and wouldn’t dream of running on the roads there. Don’t forget the traffic direction is the opposite side to ours and you have to have your wits about you walking, never mind running.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi presumably you would run early morning in which case the pavements on I drive will be perfect.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Yep we just do one or 2 loops of International Drive from Sand Lake Road up to Universal Boulevard & back just over 4 miles, usually at 5 or 6am while it’s a bit cooler & quieterjust watch out on their pavements, some truly awful repairs
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I have downloaded some routes from Strava route finder for May. I have two half iron man distance triathlons later in the year and and an ultra. I’ve found some 10mile plus routes around Disney/universal which will keep me away from the hotel gym and treadmill.
Bobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dual_dragons
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

The pavements are fine for running if going early, i just got back and saw a few runners out and about on my runs.

The sand lake road junction is a pain if timed badly, depending where you are staying might not be an issue.
dual_dragons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
I have downloaded some routes from Strava route finder for May. I have two half iron man distance triathlons later in the year and and an ultra. I’ve found some 10mile plus routes around Disney/universal which will keep me away from the hotel gym and treadmill.
My Hubbie doing a half too, it’s Grafman in May
Good luck loads of training to do
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There's a parkrun at Clermont Saturdays at 7.30 am. I know that's small fry for you but apparently it's a nice run round the lake.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List