Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 Jan 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
I have to mention your view. We stayed at the same time you did and paid for a theme park view. What we got was a view of the walkway to the contemorary main building and if you stood in the corner of the balcony you could see the fireworks at night. Thats not good enough. I know they have made changes to what constitutes a themepark view over the years but your original view which sadly didnt last, was so much better than a paid for room. I am not surprised they had a lot of complaints about rooms with worse views than ours!

We also had the issue of sitting out on the balcony being anything but private due to being the same floor and next to the walkway.
That’s disappointing re the view. Never saw any other British people there so missed you.
Yes our original view was a stunner- took one look then left the room as it stank. Did notice though a humming noise from the cordoned off storage area below, and that’s not nice to look at. But the view of MK was great.
I wouldn’t pay for the firework view now I’ve seen them from TOTWL. I would if I had young kids. But I think the lake view Contemporary side is very nice, especially if higher up.
Weather could have been better couldn’t it? We went to the coast 2 days where it was sunny.
Old 6 Jan 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
That’s disappointing re the view. Never saw any other British people there so missed you.
Yes our original view was a stunner- took one look then left the room as it stank. Did notice though a humming noise from the cordoned off storage area below, and that’s not nice to look at. But the view of MK was great.
I wouldn’t pay for the firework view now I’ve seen them from TOTWL. I would if I had young kids. But I think the lake view Contemporary side is very nice, especially if higher up.
Weather could have been better couldn’t it? We went to the coast 2 days where it was sunny.
We wouldnt pay for it again, especially with it raining for a lot of the time we were there. Previously we had a 1 bed at the GFV and I think that will be our choice again. We've stayed at the Aulani, Grand Californian, Saratoga, GF and Contemporary and while we would love to get a 1 bed at the Poly to try, almost impossible at Xmas when we normally go, the GF is probably our favourite. Although if you offered me a trip back to the Aulani...

Weather this year was the worst Chrismas we have been. We can take the cold if it hits but constant rain almost every day? Pretty depressing. Christmas day was nice though but it decided to break out the great weather on our last day
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
We wouldnt pay for it again, especially with it raining for a lot of the time we were there. Previously we had a 1 bed at the GFV and I think that will be our choice again. We've stayed at the Aulani, Grand Californian, Saratoga, GF and Contemporary and while we would love to get a 1 bed at the Poly to try, almost impossible at Xmas when we normally go, the GF is probably our favourite. Although if you offered me a trip back to the Aulani...

Weather this year was the worst Chrismas we have been. We can take the cold if it hits but constant rain almost every day? Pretty depressing. Christmas day was nice though but it decided to break out the great weather on our last day
Yes the last morning we were there, 31/12 it was as expected, much colder first thing but nice by 11. Glad we went to Anna Maria and Tampa, that was 2 days of sun as well as Xmas day. Xmas eve was awful.
Finger’s crossed it’s better next Xmas. We are probably doing Wilderness Lodge then as we went over from BLT on the boat and the Xmas decor and night time ambience is second to none.
Our favourite is still BWV, we are having a rare studio stay summer there again, as it’s only 4 nights on our pan USA trip at the end and the 3 nights at Grand Cali in a 1 bed is over 150 points.
I’m waiting for SSR to be done as love the new rooms there but waiting for a refurb standard room guarantee, so that’ll be 2021 now.
Old 6 Jan 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Did you book lake view? We’ve got a 1 bed lake view in May and I have been hoping for a fireworks view. I don’t know if we’ll get the chance to go up to the lounge because the kids are normally ready for bed when the fireworks start.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Did you book lake view? We’ve got a 1 bed lake view in May and I have been hoping for a fireworks view. I don’t know if we’ll get the chance to go up to the lounge because the kids are normally ready for bed when the fireworks start.
Request North End, high floor for a partial fireworks view. You definitely want a villa on the outer of the building, the inner ones are not as nice. A different layout and poor view IMO
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Request North End, high floor for a partial fireworks view. You definitely want a villa on the outer of the building, the inner ones are not as nice. A different layout and poor view IMO
Thanks, I'll call closer to the time and ask for that . I didn't realise there was a different layout in the inner circle.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Thanks, I'll call closer to the time and ask for that . I didn't realise there was a different layout in the inner circle.
Imagine a pizza with an inner circle your lounge and bedroom are towards the centre, outer rooms your lounge and bedroom are towards the outside, so the main rooms are bigger. Also if you are in the inner bit and not dead centre, you are looking across into other rooms. These rooms also get no sun at all in winter.
Old 7 Jan 20, 02:12 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Glad to hear that you were compensated for the room. It’s not ideal but I think we would have been happy with the fast passes, that’s great!

I regards to BLT studios, how do they compare to AKLV rooms? We did 2 weeks there and managed it just with 2ad 2ch(10&11).
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by timnlaura View Post
Glad to hear that you were compensated for the room. It’s not ideal but I think we would have been happy with the fast passes, that’s great!

I regards to BLT studios, how do they compare to AKLV rooms? We did 2 weeks there and managed it just with 2ad 2ch(10&11).
They are not as small as you might think they are. Plenty of space to store luggage. Not sure it really needs the kitchen as its not going to be used to cook a big dinner in but takes up space. Would have preferred the extra show room the Poly has.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List