Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Elara Las Vegas- anyone been?

Mrs YT has very particular requirements, including suite like accommodation, fridge, and if possible washer and dryer. Spoilt by years of villas and DVC 1 beds Mrs YT, but that's another story...

I booked Elara as it gets very good reviews- has anyone actually stayed there and what was it like?

Cheers

YT.
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
berneslai
Helping Minnie

I stayed there in 2017 and would recommend it. Parking is (was?) free and easy to locate - although it felt a bit weird wheeling the suitcases through a shopping centre. Quality of accommodation was good and location is excellent.

The only slight negative, as an Hilton Honors member, is the lack of breakfast and benefits in a Hilton Grand Vacations property.

Is there anything in particular you wanted advice on?
berneslai is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We stayed at the Elara in 2015. The suites were lovely huge kitchen and lounge , bedroom had a spa tub both with floor to ceiling windows felt like a celebrity. We chose as no resort fees and free parking although not sure if this still applies. It also has a nice pool area which we used. We liked the location and plenty of places to eat nearby in the miracle mile shops.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Yes, we've stayed at Elara three times and it would be the first hotel I price up when/if I go to Vegas again. It's nice and peaceful when you're through the front doors, love the location, the hotel isn't too big, it's non-smoking and there is a relaxed vibe to the pool area (it's not a pool party atmosphere).

We've stayed in the 1 bedroom suite and the standard room and the suite would be my preference. The huge hot tub in the bedroom and the projector TV in the lounge make it quite different from other hotel rooms we've stayed in.

Since our last visit, Hilton have introduced a resort fee of about $30 a night so this may encourage me to stay somewhere else next time. We have also stayed at other Vegas hotels but Elara has been my personal favourite.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Good to hear thanks for the feedback. We got the 1 bed suite.
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Yes, we've stayed at Elara three times and it would be the first hotel I price up when/if I go to Vegas again. It's nice and peaceful when you're through the front doors, love the location, the hotel isn't too big, it's non-smoking and there is a relaxed vibe to the pool area (it's not a pool party atmosphere).

We've stayed in the 1 bedroom suite and the standard room and the suite would be my preference. The huge hot tub in the bedroom and the projector TV in the lounge make it quite different from other hotel rooms we've stayed in.

Since our last visit, Hilton have introduced a resort fee of about $30 a night so this may encourage me to stay somewhere else next time. We have also stayed at other Vegas hotels but Elara has been my personal favourite.
Seems you can’t escape the resort fee anywhere in Vegas these days 😲
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s $25 resort fee upfront a day. These are a right royal rip off and should be outlawed. At least for that we get 2 free Starbucks a day- wow.
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It’s $25 resort fee upfront a day. These are a right royal rip off and should be outlawed. At least for that we get 2 free Starbucks a day- wow.
I think it was about $7 for a latte in the lobby Starbucks! Do you get DVD rental too? There were vending machines in the lobby and we used it a few times, probably due to the novelty! Tax is on top of the resort fee too, that's why I think it's about $30.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
I think it was about $7 for a latte in the lobby Starbucks! Do you get DVD rental too? There were vending machines in the lobby and we used it a few times, probably due to the novelty! Tax is on top of the resort fee too, that's why I think it's about $30.
Yes I already paid the resort fee - you have to pay at time of booking. Hopefully the free coffee is any - I will deliberately select the most expensive one I can get- but won't be surprised if it is Pike Place drip coffee only. Not sure about DVD- we won't have time for them so not bothered about them. We are only there 4 nights and one day of the 3 full days will be driving to Grand Canyon South Rim- the only reason I am going, I am not a particular fan of Vegas, well I was the first time I went in about 1994 when everything was dirt cheap and before it got too busy, but the second time I went when Bellagio, Paris, Venetian etc were all up, I found it had gone from cheap to very expensive, and extremely busy.

Edited at 01:05 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List