Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I personally would rather travel with virgin as in the past I have found their customer service excellent and their flights comfortable. But if BA is cheaper i will without hesitation fly with them! We have booked with BA this year as was over £1000 cheaper!

I wouldn’t fly with Norwegian air again after a bad experience with them. And just stick to what I know now.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tunnie12345
Proud to wear my Ears

I think you will find that virgin 10/15 years ago we’re very clever in knowing that Orlando would be such a huge market for uk tourist. However years ago they were not that much more expensive but made sure everyone had a good experience. So now you will find those people will always book again with them has they had a good experience before regardless of the price and how long ago it was they flew with them.

Plus people seem to have this idea that virgin is a premium service but that is all to do with advertising.
tunnie12345 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tunnie12345 View Post
I think you will find that virgin 10/15 years ago we’re very clever in knowing that Orlando would be such a huge market for uk tourist. However years ago they were not that much more expensive but made sure everyone had a good experience. So now you will find those people will always book again with them has they had a good experience before regardless of the price and how long ago it was they flew with them.

Plus people seem to have this idea that virgin is a premium service but that is all to do with advertising.
Their, current, PE seat is premium at 21" of width, great for us, and others, shame that's ending. I find it ironic VA's downgraded UC width will be 1" less than original PE seats. Perhaps VA are reducing into line with Delta, KLM and AF, the usual industry norm.
Old 23 Jan 20, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Their, current, PE seat is premium at 21" of width, great for us, and others, shame that's ending. I find it ironic VA's downgraded UC width will be 1" less than original PE seats. Perhaps VA are reducing into line with Delta, KLM and AF, the usual industry norm.
I imagine that will reduce their popularity then.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I imagine that will reduce their popularity then.
I think that's a fair statement Sue. I've read comments re VA bigging up PE whilst ignoring width reduction, of which many are disappointed about.

We're lucky Sue, we have alternative options, unfortunately, after 8 years of flying VA, it seems they're unlikely to be one of them.
Old 24 Jan 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
We have only ever flown with virgin so can’t compare really but one thing I do like about virgin is the Disney springs check in service when flying home. Not that I think it’s worth paying significantly extra for mind. We like flying from Manchester and direct, so that limits the choice a bit too.
I don’t really get the Disney Springs check in as it just seems a way to locate you in a prime spot to be relieved of even more of your cash before you go home Plus you’ve then got to lug all that shopping as hand baggage.

Manchester definitely needs a bit more competition on the Orlando route now to bring those Virgin monopoly prices down though now TC has gone !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thefourDs View Post
I personally would rather travel with virgin as in the past I have found their customer service excellent and their flights comfortable. But if BA is cheaper i will without hesitation fly with them! We have booked with BA this year as was over £1000 cheaper!

I wouldn’t fly with Norwegian air again after a bad experience with them. And just stick to what I know now.
And my experience is the opposite ... based on service
Virgin I’ve never had an exceptionally good flight since 1989 and a couple of shockers
BA consistently solid , same for AA and Delta ... and United.
Norwegian I found exceptional ...both on their own and on a replacement wet lease plane

When it comes to punctuality
BA until this year consistently good , last year a three hour delay was advised the day before and I was able to dodge it by switching from LGWFLL to LHR MIA at no charge
VS always seem to leave an hour late at least for me and a two day delay in Vegas once
Norwegian , bang on time except once when the inbound from London went tech . Replacement was flying at 07.00 indirect instead of 23.45 the night before and full EU2621 was paid promptly.

No airline can avoid delays due to weather or tech issues and it can take just one exceptionally good or bad flight attendant to change your whole perception of an airline... so you’ll always get a mixed bag of opinion . Decades ago Virgin did have an exceptional economy service compared to the others but now ... they are much of a muchness (my own experience is Virgin are the most variable though) so you might as well book on price.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I don’t really get the Disney Springs check in as it just seems a way to locate you in a prime spot to be relieved of even more of your cash before you go home Plus you’ve then got to lug all that shopping as hand baggage.

Manchester definitely needs a bit more competition on the Orlando route now to bring those Virgin monopoly prices down though now TC has gone !
I suppose it depends on what you do after you have checked your luggage in. Not everyone stays there and spends in the shops. We tend to mix it up a bit and sometimes we will head up to I Drive for a wander and some lunch. Others head back to the parks. We like it because we don’t have our luggage to cart around after we have taken the car back.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
I suppose it depends on what you do after you have checked your luggage in. Not everyone stays there and spends in the shops. We tend to mix it up a bit and sometimes we will head up to I Drive for a wander and some lunch. Others head back to the parks. We like it because we don’t have our luggage to cart around after we have taken the car back.
Where can you park for DS drop of please?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ds check in is near cirque de soliel so if you park near there you’ll be right next to the checkin desks