Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > General Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.
Unread 25 Jan 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 153
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Venice is lovely but slightly further at 3 hours flight time. I quite fancy Nice for a short break or Valencia looks lovely too

Pembrokeshire is beautiful if the weather is nice. Bristol or Cardiff are good city breaks
Hmm yes, I've been to Venice but my husband hasn't, but we're planning on a camping holiday to Europe in September and will probably include Venice then.

Haven't been to Pembrokeshire for years but have lovely memories. Also wondering about the Yorkshire Dales.
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Scottish Highlands & Islands
Unread 25 Jan 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
folkie

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Krakow, plenty to do and see. Fantastic food and the nicest of people and fabulous value for money.
Definitely on my list of places to go but maybe at a warmer time of year?
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 25 Jan 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
folkie

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Love*my*hols View Post
Barcelona for me,quite easy to get to and to get around
We drove through Barcelona on our way north about ten years ago, it was an absolute nightmare, but we wouldn't be driving this time so maybe...

Originally Posted by Libby29 View Post
Malaga is nice for a long wknd 😊
Yes, I've been looking at southern Spain, I did wonder about Granada but the flights are a bit longer than my husband wants to do.
Unread 25 Jan 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Big Italy fan here, we had long weekends last year in both Venice (in March) & Rome (October) both of which were just gorgeous. Been to both before but I never tire of them.

DVC owner since 2002.
Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs SSR, RPR, BRV, CCV Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Poly for our Anniversary :)
Unread 25 Jan 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Did you watch the Jane McDonald programme last night? I'm not a huge fan of Spain but she went to Sitges last night. It looked lovely. If your after a bit of heat. She caught a train into Barcelona too just a 40 minute ride and 8. If your not too worried about possible sunshine and heat Vienna? Fantastic city brilliant public transport. So much to see.

Edited at 01:28 PM.
soooexcited! is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Saronic Islands
Unread 25 Jan 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lisbon looks lovely. I fancy Florence but looks a bit of a faff to get there. Milan?
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Portugal
Unread 25 Jan 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
Imagineer

Originally Posted by folkie View Post
Yes, they're lovely but I should have put them in my excluded list - we've sailed around the coast of Croatia several times and have been to Trogir, Split and Dubrovnik. We love them but want to try somewhere new

Currently wondering about Brussels, some friends went recently and loved it, plus we could go by train.
We did Brussels by train and loved it! So easy on the Eurostar, and cheap tickets too! Lots to do and see. We also went for the day by train to Bruges - beautiful place and we went on the canal boats. I'd definitely recommend - especially for the chocolate samples!
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Vancouver & Pacific Northwest road trip
Unread 25 Jan 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Big Italy fan here, we had long weekends last year in both Venice (in March) & Rome (October) both of which were just gorgeous. Been to both before but I never tire of them.
Me too, but if we go abroad we really want to go somewhere new