Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Jun 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I will try and find out. Doubt they’ll have any rooms finished for then though.

YT. I actually don't mind if they are or not for the August trip. I would like to know which blocks they are currently working on.

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
We are also due in August although hoping for the springs - I am not thinking it would be much of a disruption - am I wrong to think this? What are everyone's thoughts?
I would be amazed if they are doing the Springs in August. No logic to picking that area. Congress and Carousel I lay odds. I would bet that they will put fencing around 1 block at a time.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’m trying to find out. The air cons were being done in Carousel. Check in desk was closed and moved one day last week, but then reopened again the next day at usual place- bit weird. Artists Pallet has just had its floor redone and half of it is now walled off.
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I’m trying to find out. The air cons were being done in Carousel. Check in desk was closed and moved one day last week, but then reopened again the next day at usual place- bit weird. Artists Pallet has just had its floor redone and half of it is now walled off.
The Palette was being re floored for a few days when we were there. They did 50% at a time so it was still usable.

The air cons on the Carousel sounds more like a catastrophic failure to me than a refurb

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

All I can get so far Tom from people there this last week is the workmen were in Congress Park, some of the car park also now taken up with building materials, all the aircons been ripped out and redone in Carousel, Artist's Pallette now half boarded off, and the check in desk was closed and at a temporary location for a day, now it's back (maybe flooring there too?). I'll let you know if I glean anything else from the various Facebook groups I'm on.
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Good find!

I rang Members Services today to book a stay in May 20 and asked about the refurb. The Lady said she knew nothing.
I'm not blaming her as I suspect that they will not be told for ages and I suspect Members will be told in about a year or so

YT. Your mission, should you decide to accept it! Which blocks in Congress have they started on? I'm there mid August and need to know
I will keep you posted 😉👍

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Here you go Tom, first building in Congress closed for renovation:

Old 19 Jun 19, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Here you go Tom, first building in Congress closed for renovation:

YT. Good find, well done. A few things leap out.

1. I wonder why they started that end of Congress Park and not the other? The other end is a few months older. Things like that intrigue me!

2. Those signs are warning indicators only and not meant to safeguard the unwary or plain nosey who wander in. I suspect they are just the start and we will see full fencing shortly.

3. The contractor is going to need the car park area by that block. I wonder how they will manage when they move to the next block right by the CP bus stop? Not much area there to utilise.

Edited at 06:58 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 19 Jun 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I thought the same Tom, full fencing must be going up. The block is empty with no guests in I’m told, so I’d expect they will start putting that fencing up soon.
As per intel the other day, someone else said that they’d put some materials in the car park, no photos of that though.
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

If they start this Month as I was told in an E Mail I would suspect the end by date will be mid 2023 maybe 2022.

OKW is a lovely Resort, never stayed there but my Cosuin has owned there since they were built.
Stayed there in January, rooms are indeed beautiful x

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
YT. Good find, well done. A few things leap out.

1. I wonder why they started that end of Congress Park and not the other? The other end is a few months older. Things like that intrigue me!

2. Those signs are warning indicators only and not meant to safeguard the unwary or plain nosey who wander in. I suspect they are just the start and we will see full fencing shortly.

3. The contractor is going to need the car park area by that block. I wonder how they will manage when they move to the next block right by the CP bus stop? Not much area there to utilise.
Tom what is your guess re them getting to 2110 by July, wondering if to panic or not.

I am away to email my contact

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List