Special Needs questions & advice relating to people with special needs
Florida Escapes
Unread 3 Sep 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Amybelle88
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Disabled parking

Hi gang,

Whats the situation with disabled parking on Disney property? Im disabled, on high rate PIP for mobility and care, do I need to prove this when I get there? Ive read that Disneys policy is to take your word for it but I wouldnt like to get there and come unstuck.

Also is disabled parking the same price/more expensive as its closer? Just budgeting parking costs for the fortnight, too - wow they are going to add up!
Unread 3 Sep 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Here you go. I went last week and saw but didnt pay too much attention to it. It says here youll need your parking permit. disneyworld.disney.go/en...vices/parking/
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney with friends
Unread 3 Sep 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If you look on the special needs forum there's lots of info there. If you have a blue bagde in the UK you can apply for a temporary parking pass to use in Florida. Parking prices are the same at the parks with the disabled pass.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our 15th 'Once in a lifetime' holiday
Unread 3 Sep 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Amybelle88
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you! Im trying to get organised in advance - I dont actually have a blue badge - Ive never applied. I qualify for it, but I suppose Ive been in a bit of denial. Ill get applying and stop being proud!
Unread 4 Sep 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
If you look on the special needs forum there's lots of info there. If you have a blue bagde in the UK you can apply for a temporary parking pass to use in Florida. Parking prices are the same at the parks with the disabled pass.
As long as your UK badge has the disabled (wheelchair) symbol showing, you can use it in the US - no need to get a US plackard.
Unread 4 Sep 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by uktigg View Post
As long as your UK badge has the disabled (wheelchair) symbol showing, you can use it in the US - no need to get a US plackard.
I'm sure I read posts on here saying they no longer recognised our blue badges. Something to do with the hologram not being clearly visible?
You can receive parking fines without the actual red Florida temporary placard hanging from the rear view mirror.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 4 Sep 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Amybelle88 View Post
Thank you! Im trying to get organised in advance - I dont actually have a blue badge - Ive never applied. I qualify for it, but I suppose Ive been in a bit of denial. Ill get applying and stop being proud!
I've had one for a few years but only actually used it a few times on really bad days. I've made more use of my disabled persons bus pass as I don't feel well enough to drive.
Unread 5 Sep 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Blue Badge wise the issue is that ours has a hologram on and not a static symbol hence why some areas in the US don't recognise it. The parks will but outside of the parks you can end up with parking tickets which is why I'd suggest getting the placard for $18 I think it is now. This thread https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1116820&page=7 should give you the info on how to arrange this.

Price wise you pay the same as normal parking but you get parking nearer to the parks. You can also get free valet at hotels if you are going for a meal reservation as well in Disney.