Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 7 Dec 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Homemade quorn chilli with chestnut mushrooms, chick peas and kidney beans.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

before i went into hospital the other week, i spent the previous couple of weeks pre-cooking a bunch of big pan slow meat dishes. mostly using mutton or beef shin. the sort of stuff using cuts of meat that needs cooking for at least 5 hours. i then portioned a couple of tubs of each off into the freezer so the amount of cooking we need to do for the following few weeks was minimal (boil some rice, do a pan of veg, that sort of thing)

i made:

mutton madras
beef shin tikka masala
matter paneer
beef bourginon with normal suet dumplings
beef goulash (with knedliky/dumplings)
and a couple of tubs of pulled pork (one dry, one with yellow dogs eats' fish's famous gold sauce) from a reduced price 80p pork shoulder we found in asda

on top of this, i also have a few tubs of base sauce... basically onions and spices with meat that can be easily added to to make yet more quick meals... just add tomatoes (or other sauce) and beans/chickpeas/mushrooms/veg

the only problem is we now have a completely full freezer, so need to start going through some of the drawers to see what else can be used easily

tonight is the mutton madras, so when i get home, i just need a cup of rice, a cup of boiling water, a ham stock cube and a dash of turmeric, stick it in a glass jug, cover with a plate and microwave for 8 mins, stir, then stand for 5. i might nip to the asian supermarket on the way home and pick up some onion parathas and maybe a few fresh bhaji to go with it...

(i normally make my own bhaji , but i'm taking things easy for a couple more weeks while i fully recover)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Taco Bell (don't judge haha)
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Tonight is ramen
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Tonight we’re going for a rare meal out with DD, DS, DDIL and 6 DGKs... meal booked in advance so duck and sloe give pate followed by braised pork belly, leeks, fennel and mashed potato and then an orange and stem ginger creme brûlée and coffee and mince pies to finish...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Tonight we’re going for a rare meal out with DD, DS, DDIL and 6 DGKs... meal booked in advance so duck and sloe give pate followed by braised pork belly, leeks, fennel and mashed potato and then an orange and stem ginger creme brûlée and coffee and mince pies to finish...
Oooh, that sounds yummy. Enjoy
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We are having steak fillet for me rib eye for DH and son is having a T-Bone
Home made peppercorn sauce, onion rings ,thick cut chips grilled tomatoes and mushrooms and a nice Rioja to go with it
And I’m having a mince pie from the batch I made earlier
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

We have coconut chicken with coconut rice 😋hope OH can taste it as he has MAN FLU 😷
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Yes this sounds amazing Enjoy 😋😋
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Is that at the Elm Tree at Heath roundabout? Have a lovely time
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List