Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 16 Jan 20, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Brilliant thread, I really enjoy food pictures. Looks like you have had some great meals. I like roasted vegetable cous cous for lunch, I use fry light to roast the vegetables which makes them much less calorific. I also make a chickpea dish with a tomato based sauce which although best eaten hot I quite enjoy cold.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
Brilliant thread, I really enjoy food pictures. Looks like you have had some great meals. I like roasted vegetable cous cous for lunch, I use fry light to roast the vegetables which makes them much less calorific. I also make a chickpea dish with a tomato based sauce which although best eaten hot I quite enjoy cold.
I do like chickpeas so that I might need to try! ☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by llamala View Post
If you have access to a microwave, what about a jacket potato (pre cooked or a frozen oneJ with beans, cottage cheese etc, or some veg soup, in a food flask.
Jacket potatoes are often my go to choice. The problem is I smother them in butter and cheese! But yes, I could try a healthier way with beans.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Day 15?
Thought I’d post a little update.
So last Saturday was my anniversary and I didn’t stick to my healthy eating plan at all but that’s ok as it was a treat and I’ve been super good all this week!

I’ve made a homemade vegetable stew which I had with a Low GI multiseed cob. (I only had one slice of bread.)
DH had a lean beef stew as the alternative.

I actually had the stew a couple of nights as I’d made so much.

I’ve also had fajitas this week. I had quorn strips for the protein as I am trying really hard to include some in most meals. I used mini multi seed wraps as opposed to full size ones to reduce my carb and calorie intake.

That white stuff is grated feta. I did not eat it all! Feta goes a long way it would seem. I used feta instead of cheddar.

And I had a couple of spoonfuls of 5 multigrain rice which is really tasty.

Today, I have been really adventurous! I’ve made a cauliflower based pizza! It was interesting, I’m not going to lie. It looks better than it tasted. Actually, that’s not true. It tasted ok. I just don’t think I cooked the base long enough. It’s not Pizza Hut anyway! I served it with a large fresh salad and a few roasted sweet potatoes.

And because it’s Friday...

Slimline G&T! Never used to like Gin but I’m getting used to it.

Weighed myself today and I’m down to 10 stone 2lb. So I’ve lost 4lb in 2 weeks and I’m really pleased with that. Yes it was annoying walking through town that my jeans kept falling down but it did make me feel good.
I’m quite pleased that I’ve managed to keep making foods that have more nutrients in than oven chips and cheese toastie.

Thanks to everyone who has replied. It means a lot!💗
184 days to go. 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Edit: 185 days to go... 😫😫
Maybe it’s day 14 then?

Edited at 07:41 PM.
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

That pizza looks rather yummy it's a shame you didn't enjoy it as much as you thought you would. I have enjoyed looking at all the pictures of what you have eaten. Very well done on the weight loss.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

For lunch today, I had an omelette which I topped with a rather nice avocado and tomato salad. I tried some vegan bacon strips which are what you can see on the side. They are disgusting! They taste of plastic and are rubbery and just awful. I’m so glad I didn’t add them to the omelette.
Old 20 Jan 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Great idea OP! I have about 10lbs to lose but I also want to start eating healthier too.
Today I've had some homemade vegetable soup with a seeded crispbread then for dinner it will be an omelette with baked beans. Big thing for me though is drinking more water and less Coke Zero! So far so good today.
Good luck to you

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Great idea OP! I have about 10lbs to lose but I also want to start eating healthier too.
Today I've had some homemade vegetable soup with a seeded crispbread then for dinner it will be an omelette with baked beans. Big thing for me though is drinking more water and less Coke Zero! So far so good today.
Good luck to you
I think it’s about making little changes and not depriving yourself entirely. I’ve cut back on the alcohol but will allow myself a small glass at the weekend and I’m trying really hard to cut back on the carbs.

Good luck to you also. 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Day 22!

So weight loss progress was not quite as good this week. Down about half a pound. I’ve been to the gym quite a bit so hopefully I’ve gained some muscle. I’d be happy with that.💪🏻💪🏻

After last week’s cauliflower pizza fail, I thought I’d try something different this week and opted for a homemade mushroom dhansak. It was delicious. I’m feeling quite proud of myself plus there’s loads left over which will probably last all week! I used the tiniest bit of olive oil to fry the onions and mushrooms (which I chopped up small as I’m not a massive fan of mushrooms) and I added a teaspoon of coconut milk instead of however much yoghurt it suggested and it still tasted yum.

I had it with basmati rice and the end off a naan. There were over 350 calories in one garlic naan. I couldn’t believe it!

Here is the link to the recipe:
olivemagazine/recipe...hroom-dhansak/
Old 25 Jan 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Don't be disappointed because you only lost half a pound. A loss is a loss, my weight fluctuates massively throughout the day (can be 7lbs heavier at bedtime than in the morning) so time of weighing can alter the reading. I'm definitely going to try the curry recipe I love mushrooms.