Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Oct 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have never sailed with them but my perception is they are the party boat cruise line. I wonder if you pushed for a refund could you book a hotel for the week. You should get good availability this time of year. Best of luck with it.
Old 4 Oct 19, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
I have never sailed with them but my perception is they are the party boat cruise line. I wonder if you pushed for a refund could you book a hotel for the week. You should get good availability this time of year. Best of luck with it.
If I can get the email address, I might try that.

Guest Services on the ship are being less than helpful when I asked for the email address.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
It's a perception a lot of people have ... it's not something we've found cruising with them both this year and last. We've always done the Sunday to Friday sailings though as my assumption was always that the shorter weekend cruise probably does attract a younger , livelier crowd.
Yes there are lively activities but also quieter ones , it's no different to how I found Cunard and P&O years ago.
We never used the buffet for dinner preferring the main dining room but did for most breakfasts and all lunches and never stood in line at all.
Lukewarm buffet food is not unexpected. Americans don't do piping hot food anywhere and in a buffet it's inevitable most places. We never had hot food "cold" though .
The noise from the cabin is a different matter and if after complaining it wasn't instantly resolved I'd have insisted on a move.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

After a lot of talking to the Guest services lady, who said at first that they did not know the email address. I told her that seemed very odd.
She went in the back office and spoke to her manager who gave me the email.

I really don't understand why they don't want to give this information to guests.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Have they found a senior member of crew for you to discuss issues with yet? I would really be insisting on speaking to the Hotel Manager, they are in charge of everything non operational on the ship, i.e. the Hotel aspect, so cabins, food, etc. In our cruise line experience they would have to do everything they can to make you happier where possible. I would want a change of cabin as a minimum, to a quieter area of the ship. How has non buffet food been? Are there other restaurants you can dine at? Hope you find a solution! 🚢😊

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Have they found a senior member of crew for you to discuss issues with yet? I would really be insisting on speaking to the Hotel Manager, they are in charge of everything non operational on the ship, i.e. the Hotel aspect, so cabins, food, etc. In our cruise line experience they would have to do everything they can to make you happier where possible. I would want a change of cabin as a minimum, to a quieter area of the ship. How has non buffet food been? Are there other restaurants you can dine at? Hope you find a solution! 🚢😊
Agree about pushing the issues as far as possible up to Hotel Director/Manager level. It is very unlikely that OP would get a refund for the next cruise at this stage.
Lukewarm food is a perennial issue for us on cruises - especially in the buffet. Main dining room less so.
Years ago we did two 2 week back to back cruises on Holland America. Our cabin had a very loud creaking noise when at sea - enough to wake us up and keep us awake. I reported it several times but nothing was done. I arranged an appointment with a senior officer to discuss the problem. At the start of the second cruise we received a cabin upgrade (inside to balcony) and $200 obc - without asking!
Maybe push for something similar as a sweetener on your second cruise.
Although we were ticked off with our noisy cabin and lack of sleep we left the ship raving about how good customer service and the ship were.

Edited at 08:53 AM.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Call for a security response whenever the noise is excessive at a late hour. I know you have already had them in attendance but repeated calls should make them realise how much of a problem it is.
My cousin had this issue on a RCI cruise so it’s not just Carnival.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone for the help and advice. We are hoping that the family next door will be leaving tomorrow, so we just have 1 more day to put up with the noise. (We are expecting it to be bad today, the last day)

I don't think there is much more we can do, hopefully next week will be a better week.

Our 41st Anniversary this week has pretty much been spoiled. Let's hope my 67th birthday on Tuesday will be better.

Don't get me wrong, we have enjoyed the places we have seen, but as for this cruise, NEVER AGAIN.
Old 4 Oct 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Fingers crossed for you and a happy birthday for Tuesday. X
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Really hope it gets better for next week. Am sure it has cost a lot of money. Would def follow thru with the complaint thou. Happy birthday for Tuesday. Let's know how you get on x