Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Oct 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Question Hawaii Cruise with LV & LA STAYS

After the sad lost of TC .We have lost our March holiday to Cuba .. I have found a cruise that combines one of my fav places LV with a place I cant stand LA but finishes with a 15 night cruise to Hawaii .. place I have always wanted to visit .
So please tell me what you have seen in Hawaii that I shouldn't miss and which island x
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Which cruise line is it?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

Princess
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

I did the 15 night cruise to Hawaii earlier in the year on Princess

Loved loved loved it

Wish we had longer in LA as had never been before and didn’t havt time for Disney 😱
I know -
Cruise was brilliant
Loved the sea days and the 4 diff islands

One of or best tours was with Alex island express - he touted for business the day before at our previous port and it was great value for money -

Edited at 09:25 PM.
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Which islands does the ship visit and how long do you get at each one?

I’ve been the Hawaii and Oahu, happy to suggest things once you know how long you have XX
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

Done LA a few times .Its not my cup of tea wish it was extra day in Vegas . Did LA Disney last year .I will google see if he has a web site Thank you great start x
Old 8 Oct 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Which islands does the ship visit and how long do you get at each one?

I’ve been the Hawaii and Oahu, happy to suggest things once you know how long you have XX
Hilo 6am-6pm
Honolulu 7am - 11pm
Maui 7am - 6pm
Kauai 8am - 5pm
Ensenda Mexico 8am - 5pm
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SHREKS OTHER1/2 View Post
Hilo 6am-6pm
Honolulu 7am - 11pm
Maui 7am - 6pm
Kauai 8am - 5pm
Ensenda Mexico 8am - 5pm
From Hilo the obvious place is Volcano National Park, though the volcano isn’t doing anything at the moment. You have such a long day there I guess you could do a circle tour of the island if you wanted? We stayed on the other side (near Kona) and the beaches and landscape are pretty incredible, would you consider hiring a car?

From Honolulu there are so many options, you could go to the beach nearby (Waikiki), visit Pearl Harbour, travel to the North shore, drive around the island... again would you hire a car?

Do you dock in Lahaina in Maui or somewhere else? The obvious things on Maui may not work well as Haleakala is best at sunrise or sunset (don’t think your timings will work) and the Road to Hana and back may be rushed - but I think possible, though I’d be minded to derisk potential late return to the ship by booking a ship excursion if you wanted to do that. Lahaina town itself is nice for a wander, some historical bits there, or there are beautiful beaches a short drive north.

Haven’t been to Kauai.
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
From Hilo the obvious place is Volcano National Park, though the volcano isn’t doing anything at the moment. You have such a long day there I guess you could do a circle tour of the island if you wanted? We stayed on the other side (near Kona) and the beaches and landscape are pretty incredible, would you consider hiring a car?

From Honolulu there are so many options, you could go to the beach nearby (Waikiki), visit Pearl Harbour, travel to the North shore, drive around the island... again would you hire a car?

Do you dock in Lahaina in Maui or somewhere else? The obvious things on Maui may not work well as Haleakala is best at sunrise or sunset (don’t think your timings will work) and the Road to Hana and back may be rushed - but I think possible, though I’d be minded to derisk potential late return to the ship by booking a ship excursion if you wanted to do that. Lahaina town itself is nice for a wander, some historical bits there, or there are beautiful beaches a short drive north.

Haven’t been to Kauai.
Thank you so much .It gives me a base point to work from .. Yes we would be up for hiring a car . Me I would just be happy so long as I got to visit a place on my Bucket List ..Pearl Harbour ..Throw a nice beach in and BINGO you got a happy Fiona
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SHREKS OTHER1/2 View Post
Thank you so much .It gives me a base point to work from .. Yes we would be up for hiring a car . Me I would just be happy so long as I got to visit a place on my Bucket List ..Pearl Harbour ..Throw a nice beach in and BINGO you got a happy Fiona
There is a ticket process for Pearl Harbour (we found visiting here VERY impactful, upsetting but very respectfully and beautifully done). So do look into that, it would help you avoid an element of queuing I think. If you are interested in military history, I wonder if I could also suggest a visit to Punchbowl Crater. As well as the obvious reason to visit, the views are incredible.

en.m.wikipedia/wiki/Punchbowl_Crater

Diamond Head is also very fun if you’re up for a walk up a hill