Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Apr 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Thanks. Alpha rooms have a great rate. Going to book through them even though I dont know anything about them. Its so cheap! Was trying to decide between Wynn and Venetian, but at those prices! Would be silly not too. Venetian is so gorgeous.
I think alpha rooms and travel republic are probably very alike. Low deposits and cancellable to a certain extent so to me you’ve got nothing to lose and I’m glad you’ve bagged a bargain. Great feeling isn’t it. My dream has been to stay in the Venetian 😊
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

We have booked the Palazzo through TR for £514 for 7 nights in October half term, we realise resort fees will be on top but it was coming out £2k plus on Hotels.com so a no brainer. We originally booked at £650 but noticed a price drop a couple of days ago, cancelled and rebooked and the £15 deposit was refunded within 2 days 😊
TinkerBabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
$45 peer night resort fee on top, you can normally get good prices uf you hunt about for most accommodation, just that i pay what i feel is right in the past got 4 nights in the strat for £65! we have a week in the luxor for £475 first week in june but thats doubtful
use Travel republic all the time ( also looking at southall travell who have good deals indirect
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18

Edited at 08:21 PM.
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderellas View Post
I think alpha rooms and travel republic are probably very alike. Low deposits and cancellable to a certain extent so to me you’ve got nothing to lose and I’m glad you’ve bagged a bargain. Great feeling isn’t it. My dream has been to stay in the Venetian 😊
It is a lovely hotel. I don’t think you will be disappointed. Only problem is now it’s usually so expensive and I want to stay there all of the time! What a bargain! Just booked 4 nights for our December trip for 240 pounds. Can you believe that? Only 20 pounds deposit. I have kept my other booking for Bally’s as well just in case and will cancel nearer the time. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I am very tempted with Caesars Palace as well for another few days! Hope you have a wonderful time . Thanks
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pritch View Post
$45 peer night resort fee on top, you can normally get good prices uf you hunt about for most accommodation, just that i pay what i feel is right in the past got 4 nights in the strat for £65! we have a week in the luxor for £475 first week in june but thats doubtful
use Travel republic all the time ( also looking at southall travell who have good deals indirect
Thanks. Not really wanting to stay at the Strat or Luxor but looked at Southall Travel for hotel prices. Do they do just hotels? I would not need a flight as well. Thanks
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We booked cesars palace through alpha rooms last year and won’t use them again. At first they refused a refund even though Vegas was shut down! Eventually they agreed to refund everyone but a voucher only and they haven’t budged on that. They have said if we haven’t used the voucher but end of august this year we can apply for a refund then.
My sister then made a booking for this summer which was meant to be a flexible rate. When she asked to cancel they said she would lose the deposit so she wasn’t happy but it was £20 so she agreed and they cancelled but weeks later took the rest of the balance and ignored refund requests so she went through her credit card company. I wouldn’t touch them or last minute with a barge pole now but have had no issues with travel republic and they refunded me with no issues last year.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We booked cesars palace through alpha rooms last year and won’t use them again. At first they refused a refund even though Vegas was shut down! Eventually they agreed to refund everyone but a voucher only and they haven’t budged on that. They have said if we haven’t used the voucher but end of august this year we can apply for a refund then.
My sister then made a booking for this summer which was meant to be a flexible rate. When she asked to cancel they said she would lose the deposit so she wasn’t happy but it was £20 so she agreed and they cancelled but weeks later took the rest of the balance and ignored refund requests so she went through her credit card company. I wouldn’t touch them or last minute with a barge pole now but have had no issues with travel republic and they refunded me with no issues last year.
A very informative post. Another one to add to my ‘never use under any circumstances’ list in my MacBook, along with a couple of Airlines and numerous other booking agents.

Never before have I felt more vindicated in only doing DIY and whenever possible, only through the end supplier and on a Credit Card. People at work used to warn me that I was risking at best delays and at worst non refund in the event that something went wrong. Those that elected to pay more and play safe with a certain airline/ package seller ain’t laughing no more.
Time has proven DIY the safest investment, albeit sometimes time consuming and in any case, ‘spread betting’ against failure minimises the potential loss, as well as simplifying getting most (or in my case all) of the money back. 37 purchases between two cancelled vacations and I got back 95% plus of it back within a fortnight, crucially including flights with BA, AA and United. You can rest assured that writhing a couple of months on the first one and after 3 chargebacks, I had every penny of it back. The second, August one? No chargebacks as companies had got their acts together, everything returned within 2 weeks.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:59 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
Thanks for that. I would be happy to lose the deposit if it has to be cancelled but obviously dont want them to take the balance from my account. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 12 Apr 21, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Travel Republic have had some great prices recently. Last month I booked 3 nights at the Bellagio in a Bellagio Suite for £158 per night. This is over the weekend too so we were really happy with the price.
Old 14 Apr 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

We have Mirage booked for August direct through them for £530 for 3 nights for 4 of us using our M life discount but we could’ve got Paris through travel republic for about £220! Was super cheap but as it’ll be hotter than the sun in aug we wanted a better pool .
Nearly booked through Alpha rooms but luckily we always check reviews before using a new company so gave it a swerve .
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List