Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 9 May 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

1st time Paris questions

With Florida August looking less likely by the day, (we don't want masks in that heat)
We are looking to move to next year and go Paris early 2022.
So question what Feb like?
Or maybe the week after Xmas?
Is it busy?
Stay on or off site?
Is it easy to get to the city centre
Amy tips or advice would be great
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We are booked for Paris - Feb half term and I’m planning on it being cold and me needing to wrap up warm with waterproof footwear.

Other than that, I don’t know. Last time we went to DLP was August 2010. I feel like a newbie myself.😅

Why don’t you YouTube some vids? L&R dreaming have been to DLP at all times of year. Might give you an idea as to what it’s like.😊
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We're booked for Feb next year and it will be the 4th time we have been at that time of year. We've booked the Sequoia and it was actually cheaper than the Chyenne for our dates. Decided on site this time in case they are still limiting numbers.

I can recommend BrummyMummyOf2 on YouTube for DLP vlogs. The most recent was last Aug when it was open for the summer.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Went Feb last year (half term). It was busy, but manageable. As it's february, it was cold, but again - if you prepare then it's manageable. Plan for cold and you'll be fine.
Personal preference but I would suggest onsite all the time. Getting to Paris city centre is pretty simple, you just need to jump on the train at DLP - Marne-la-Vallée. No idea on price but not too much to be honest as many people transfer from CDG to DLP via the RER train.
In terms of tips/advice..
Onsite hotel, our preference is Sequoia Lodge - the restaurant there is fantastic - it's a buffet and is superb. I'd eat there every night...
We'd always recommend a 4 night/5 day visit - Monday to Friday, getting the direct Eurostar from St Pancras.
And, even during February would also recommend taking a break during the afternoon if you want/can and have an hour in the pool or at the bar etc.. Your feet will thank you later in the evening while you're stood waiting for the fireworks to begin.
Hop between the main Park and Studio as much as you feel you want to during the day also as they're easy enough to get in and out of. Especially if you make dining reservations or you want to see a specific show or get on a specific ride.

Anyway, i'm done on tips for now... But feel free to ask away.
Old 9 May 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Plan for cold and wet. It won't necessarily be but it might. Not a problem, just an excuse to have lots of their lovely hot chocolate.

If you are bound by school terms then Feb half term will be OK, but if not, try to go outside of school holidays (in the UK and France). It will be cheaper and quieter.

Try to avoid weekends. They are always crazy busy and will be more expensive.

For a first visit I would always recommend onsite. Being able to walk to the park in 15 minutes even from the furthest resort is so convenient. (That's not counting Davy Crockett's Ranch for which you need a car.)

Unless you are going for a whole week, don't bother going into Paris. There is enough at DLP to keep you busy for at least 3 full days. But if you do want to go, it's easy - just 45 minutes on the RER train.

Look for deals - there are always deals. For example, 30% off, or free dining. There aren't any for Feb 2022 at the moment but once they reopen there might be.

On the other hand, the current price for Feb 2022 is not bad. Three nights/four days starting Mon 14 Feb is currently £669.30 at the Cheyenne for 2 adults, and that includes tickets for the whole duration of your stay.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
We went in early March last year - left the day before the park closed for the pandemic! It was freezing. Definitely wear warm clothes and warm footwear. We were there for the weekend (we drove to the Santa Fe hotel via Eurotunnel) and we didn’t find the place busy at all. We even got walk in dinner reservations at a few places.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

We took leggings to wear under jeans and waterproof as it was cold and wet at times. Had plenty fun.
Definitely stay on site so easy to pop back for a rest
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Plan for freezing cold/wet weather we have never been lucky In the winter months!
Equally it is generally a much cheaper time to visit if you go in low season.
I have always found winter time to be very low crowd levels, which is lovely.
The only exception to this rule is if you visit on a Fri, Sat or Sun as the locals visit. Whole different ball game. If you can ,visit in the week. We have done lots of winter visits due to low crowds and price
As a first timer I would opt for on site , all depends on budget as to which hotel will suit your needs but the Cheyenne /Santa Fe are the furthest away at a 20 minute walk from the park entrance... They do run regular buses though if you prefer.
Happy planning !
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List