Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Nov 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Awww , That feeling of going home is awful it looks like it has been a great trip though...your eats look a lot like what we chose ...I don't know why but looking a t woody's lunch box food makes me so hungry
The ghiradelli haul looks yum
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Awww , That feeling of going home is awful it looks like it has been a great trip though...your eats look a lot like what we chose ...I don't know why but looking a t woody's lunch box food makes me so hungry
The ghiradelli haul looks yum
The Ghirardelli chocolate is constantly calling me, I'm allowing myself 1 bar or pack every Friday when I am at dance for 5hours with my daughter so as long as I stick to that it should last till Christmas.
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Day 9

Today we went to AK and after riding FOP headed to kusafiri bakery for breakfast we used 1xQS for colossal cinnamon bun, elephant ears and a breakfast biscuit and some ice water.
We all found the elephant ears a little dry and it didn't get eaten, the kids shared the cinnamon bun and really enjoyed it it has some sort of caramel drizzle which was tasty. The breakfast biscuit is sausage patty, egg and cheese this was really tasty and wish I'd found it earlier in the holiday as would definitely eat thus again, it's similar to a McDonald's sausage muffin but much more tasty and not greasy.

We had lunch back at the hotel 3xQS for 1 plain hamburger, 1 plain cheeseburger and one French Quarter house salad this was huge and similar to a chicken ceaser salad, we swapped the drinks for 2x mickey brownie and a king cake which is like a cinnamon bundt cake with icing and sprinkles all very tasty.

We swapped 2xQS for treats for the plane got three bags of Goofy Candy and three Pots of chip and Dale cheese nibbles. Forgot to take photos sorry.

we also had dinner and hotel tonight and 3xQS1 Pizza meal one lasagna which fryer did not like it tasted very similar to a microwave meal and the texture of the meat was off to we would have at home and I had the meat and 3 veg which was Fried Chicken mashed potato and gravy with carrots and green beans this was all really really delicious except for the green beans and very very salty and I couldn't eat them. The kids swapped their drinks for ice cream which they mark the receipt for us to go and collect once they've finished eating and I had a glass of rosé wine which was very nice and they didn't ID me.

lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Day 10

Today was Zacs 21st birthday, we had booked Garden grill for breakfast and the morning in Epcot but he decided a few days previously that he would prefer to go to MK and have his favourite mac and cheese hotdog. So we cancelled the ADR and swapped out the FP.
We had a great day and did so many rides I lost track. I think we had done 7 rides in the first 2 hours.
Food choices were down to Zac today so we grabbed 2x Cheshire cat tail for 2xSC, 1 for Zac and 1 for Freya and I to share they were lovely and warm but a little sickly for me.

After a few rides we grabbed a Starbucks 1xQS for 1x strawberrie acai 1x choc chip frap and 1x caramel frap, they added coffee to the first one by mistake so remade without so we ended up with an extra drink, u drank about half of it but none of us like coffee and by about halfway through I could really tast the coffee so binned the rest.

Casey's corners for lunch of 1x mac and cheese footlong hotdog and fries and 1x corndog nuggets and fries a d 2 comes and ice water for 2xQS.

While the kids were eating I did mobile order for Columbia harbour house 1xQS lobster roll and fries, this was delicious and I really enjoyed it I would get this again. I walked over and picked it up and took it back to Casey's where the others were eating, it was so hot today I wish I got them to walk over with me as there was loads of seating inside.

We decided on birthday ice cream rather than birthday cake and Zac wanted to go to Ghirardelli so we got the bus to Disney Springs. We ordered 2x magical sundae
and 1x lands end

for 7xSC. These were amazing and wish we had one over here.

The ice cream. With the cherry on was not what we ordered the till crashed and we had to move tills and the cashier must have put the order through wrong in her rush. It didn't get eaten as much as we enjoyed these I think it would have made us ill.

Once back at the hotel Zac wanted to get a birthday drink in the bat and chose a blood orange margarita, it was gone in seconds I'm glad he doesn't drink often or much when he does as at the speed this went down he wouldn't be standing for long. He said it was nice. The barman was really friendly and informative and explained as he knew it was Zacs birthday he would just accept his driving licence but other places would need a copy of the passport with it (I did have a copy on me) such lovely service I believe it was around $14 and Zac tipped $2/3, he liked being able to tip think it made him feel more grow up.

Old 7 Nov 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Day 11 and time to go home

Not many notes today as was our last morning in the parks before flying home in the evening.

We headed to HS for our last morning and used 3xSC for 2x churrio, we had wanted the lightsaber ones but they didn't have any and a cinnamon bun.

Zac grabbed a numnum cookie on they way back to the hotel 1xSC, I didn't get a photo sorry.

Back at the hotel we got some lunch 3xQS for 1x cheeseburger and fries, the first one was really dry and after 1 bite Zac said he couldn't eat it so he went and explained and even though he had eaten the fries they gave him a whole meal again rather than just the burger. This one was nice and not dry at all.
1x pizza meal and 1x chicken Alfredo pasta, we swapped the sides for 2 x mickey brownie and a king cake. We are the cakes later while waiting for the magical express.

We had 6xQS and 6xSC left and swapped them in the hotel shop. I wish we had popped to Disney Springs for some more Ghirardelli chocolate but was worried we would miss the coach transfer, poking back we had more than enough time to do this but never mind. We got cookies, choclate, pretzels and cheesy nibbles.

This is all the treats that we brought home some were for friends/family and we are slowly making our way through the rest.

Flight home went quickly and we all managed to get some sleep
Food was ok but so tired non of us ate much
Thus is the kids meal, cheesy pasta, hummus, carrot and cucumber, bread roll and a cake pot.

I didn't get a photo of the adult meal but did get one of the menu.

Sorry there is not much detail yo our last day but was so tired by the time we got to the end of our holiday I just wanted to focus on enjoying being there with my little family.
Old 7 Nov 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Final thoughts

Now that we have tried both DDP and QSDP I would definitely say for us QSDP works best, there is plenty of choice for all tastes and though TS is good for us just being able to decide when we were hungry where to go, we never had to wait long and always found somewhere to sit and eat.
Mobile order is fantastic and I would encourage you to use it where you can, it's surprising how long the que could be and you just walk up to the counter to collect your order.
I would have preferred more variety to the food we had but as I've mentioned previously Zac has additional needs and is very young for his age and it just made the holiday experience much nicer to not put pressure on him eating a more balanced diet (since being back home there has been more colour to the food on the dinner plate).
Our favourite parks this time were MK and HS, Epcot we just found a bit lacking not sure why but maybe to fo with all tbe worls going on and around the world showcase was too busy but was probably due to food and wine festival being on.
AK we do like but though lazy mornings each time we were due to visit meant most out visits were in the evenings when lots if the attractions close down, so don't think we got to see it at it's best.

Hopefully we will get to come back but possibly not for 4 or 5 years unfortunately as I would jump on a plane back tomorrow. Freya is desperate to go back to Spain as she just wants a Pool holiday to relax, we have a few short breaks booked for next year and I am frequently looking to see if there are any deals to try and get us back to Disney sooner.

Thank you to those that have read along and left comments. I have enjoyed doing my first ever report and hope you have enjoyed reading it.
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie :spin really enjoyed reading along

Joan
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Wonderful report.

Thank you.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It seems like you all had fun on the trip. I really enjoyed reading along so thanks for sharing it with us.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
thanks for sharing your report, just caught up - loved it
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List