Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Jan 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

The Disney Lunch Club Rerun: Motivational Edition - Dec 2019 - Travel Home Day

The Disney Lunch Club Rerun: Motivational Edition

Travel Home Day - Sunday 8th December

It was here – our cases were packed and we had to leave. Boooo! Sean & Tammy kindly picked us up and took us to check in at Disney Springs, then we went onwards to the Yacht Club for Brunch.

Ale & Compass is one of our favourite restaurants on property, and we were excited to try a new meal there. I have to say, we were impressed. For $23 dollars each you get an entrée, choice of soft drink and access to a buffet. Really good value – especially if you aren’t dining with little ones or aren’t fussed for a character breakfast.

I had the French toast, the guys had flatbreads and Tammy had some sort of combo type meal. It was all delicious and portions were huge! The service was pretty good, and we settled the bill before heading back to Coronado Springs to await our departure on the Tragical Express. Sean & Tammy waited with us until we had to go to the bus stop. We reflected on what an amazing week we had had – and felt better that Rise of the Resistance had spent most of the morning down, so even if we had gone to Hollywood Studios, it is unlikely we would have got on it. (Spoiler alert – it was down most of the day resulting in another FP+ for the next day and another 1 day park hopper for Sean & Tammy!).

The Tragical Express was soon pulling in and we boarded – then after a pick up from All Star Sports, we were on our way to MCO. As we didn’t need to check in once we got there, we had an amble round the shops and made a couple of last minute purchases, before joining the inevitably tiresome queue for security. Note – on all future trips, Dave can chose the line because I did not do well at that this trip.

Finally through, I bought a drink and snacks for the flight (the vegan food on the way home is veg in tomato sauce) and we were soon boarding. We were delighted to be sat parallel to the nice couple we had been chatting to on the flight here – although some incredibly rude and arrogant people sat in front of them made their flight super uncomfortable by reclining and refusing to sit up during meal service. Honestly. The people in front of me weren’t much better. The guy in front was steaming and talking so loudly that I could hear him over the music I was playing on my in ear headphones at a pretty decent volume. He also stood up and disappeared the moment we landed. Whilst it was a smooth flight, combine the arrogant people around us with one of the flight attendants being unwell in both upstairs loos and me having to plead with another one for a bacon butty because the tea the night before was inedible – it wasn’t my favourite return journey home.

We landed on time and on the new pier in T2 at Manchester – so we had a 10 minute walk to passport control. We had a pretty reasonable wait for our bags too, then after a restroom break we headed back to the car and straight home in 1 hour and 24 minutes. Not bad for a journey partly on the M6 on a Monday morning!

We have a routine for this day – Dave goes to bed and I unpack, wait for Fudge to come home and sort him out too. Today was no different. My Mum had left us plenty of supplies, so with full stomachs we headed to bed at about 8pm.

This had been an incredible holiday – a holiday of firsts for all of us! We are so lucky to have such good Disney friends – and Disney truly brings us together. So if you read this Sean & Tammy – thank you!

So – May 7th is our next departure date for my early 30th Birthday trip to Port Orleans Riverside. I’m honestly undecided about doing a trip report as I have noticed more and more picky/negative comments on here recently and it is disheartening after making the effort to write up your trip to share it with others. It is specifically why there is no highs & lows this time – this seems to attract some real moaning minnies!

Thanks for reading – maybe see ya real soon

Steps - 8901
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along and I will look forward to your next one too

Joan
Old 11 Jan 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along and I will look forward to your next one too

Joan
Thank you for all of your support and comments - makes it worthwhile writing! Xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

I’ve just read the whole trip in one go, brilliant trip report, such a shame you didn’t get on rise of the resistance.

Thanks for sharing
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
I’ve just read the whole trip in one go, brilliant trip report, such a shame you didn’t get on rise of the resistance.

Thanks for sharing
I know - we were gutted but there is always next time! We have very similar countdowns 😁 thanks for reading!
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
I know - we were gutted but there is always next time! We have very similar countdowns 😁 thanks for reading!
I’m sure you will be lucky next trip. Ooh yes we do have similar countdowns
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
I’m sure you will be lucky next trip. Ooh yes we do have similar countdowns
Can't come quickly enough!
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for sharing your report, I've enjoyed reading along, and I'm sorry to hear that not all of your comments have been positive. I for one appreciate all the effort people put into their reports and reading them helps (in a tiny way!) To fill the long gaps between my own trips. Whether or not you do another report I hope you have a great holiday next time.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Thanks for sharing your report, I've enjoyed reading along, and I'm sorry to hear that not all of your comments have been positive. I for one appreciate all the effort people put into their reports and reading them helps (in a tiny way!) To fill the long gaps between my own trips. Whether or not you do another report I hope you have a great holiday next time.
Thank you! I am so grateful that you have read along and enjoyed it 😁 it is a small minority who seem to enjoy being negative but it sort of takes the joy out of the process really. Thank you so much for your support ❤
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow! You’ve finished it already, well done! I’ve not had a chance to read it, yet, will save that for a quiet time and a cuppa... I can’t fathom why anyone would be negative or critical of someone else’s experience!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List