Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2 May 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
#81
cornishfrogboy
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
We love the Keys. We haven't been back since we had kids.

We used to fly into Miami, spend a few nights there at the Beach, then head down to spend a while in Key West, via time in Key Largo.

Lovely relaxing and beautiful drive especially Seven Miles Bridge.

Happy memories!
walking the old Seven mile bridge as far as I could is one of the best things that I have ever done. We had a turtle swim right underneath us!

I first visited Key West as a 22 year old soldier on a sailing trip in 1982. I got absolutely slaughtered in the Green Parrot and once sober, got a very severe talking to.
__________________

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
Toronto & Florida 2022. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1197381

Edited at 10:29 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#82
tocpe321
VIP Dibber
 
tocpe321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 12
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
walking the old Seven mile bridge as far as I could is one of the best things that I have ever done. We had a turtle swim right underneath us!

I first visited Key West as a 22 year old soldier on a sailing trip in 1982. I got absolutely slaughtered in the Green Parrot and once sober, got a very severe talking to.
I remember a seafood platter at a timber restaurant mid Keys, sitting on a balcony eating and watching the pelicans. We also went to the aquarium nearby. Idyllic.
__________________
tocpe
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
#83
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber
 
disneywiseowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds like another great trip. Hope this one stays on plan.🙂
Following a Dibbers recommendation, in Monterey, we ate at Schooners restaurant. It was fab. We had a table overlooking the ocean & one of the best fish meals we致e ever had. Sorry, it was back in 2009 so I can稚 remember what we had but I did find an old photo:

disneywiseowl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
#84
cornishfrogboy
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
Mobile

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Sounds like another great trip. Hope this one stays on plan.🙂
Following a Dibbers recommendation, in Monterey, we ate at Schooners restaurant. It was fab. We had a table overlooking the ocean & one of the best fish meals we致e ever had. Sorry, it was back in 2009 so I can稚 remember what we had but I did find an old photo:

I will go away and do some research!
I am always prepared to revise plans.
__________________

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
Toronto & Florida 2022. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1197381
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
#85
Concerned
Proud to wear my Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 19
Originally Posted by sijen View Post
Wow! Just found this! Looks amazing. I've seen your posts about the Keys. We were planing 2 weeks in Disney ( I'm not fed up of it yet!) then 7 days doing Miami and Keys next March. We are now thinking of the standard 2 weeks then home...
THEN back out for our 30th anniversary... in June... wondering about the last bit of the Route 66 trip ending in LA then flying to Miami for a week in the Keys... saving like mad!

Jen x
Blimey, you have money to burn!
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
#86
Bianca
VIP Dibber
 
Bianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 12
Too long since I was on the West Coast to comment on personal experience --- but your plan looks amazing!

Really hope you get there this summer and tell us all about it with lots of photos!

I wouldn't mind being on that balcony at the Lighthouse Suites right now.

I love driving around Canada and the USA. In Ontario, especially, I ended up in places I never would have heard of otherwise.

Top of my list at the moment are road trips around: -

Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin (ahhh to return to Mackinac Island)

British Columbia, Washington, Oregon

Un-to-me-explored areas of Florida, including a few days on Anna Maria or at the Keys.

Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, PEI (bit of a stretch for one trip, would have to include a train ride).

__________________
Tape: We will now count from one to five. Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq.
Joey: Huh, un, blu, bla, flu, flenk!
Tape: Good job.
Joey: Thank you.


Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside - Would be nice to add to the list!
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#87
cornishfrogboy
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Too long since I was on the West Coast to comment on personal experience --- but your plan looks amazing!

Really hope you get there this summer and tell us all about it with lots of photos!

I wouldn't mind being on that balcony at the Lighthouse Suites right now.

I love driving around Canada and the USA. In Ontario, especially, I ended up in places I never would have heard of otherwise.

Top of my list at the moment are road trips around: -

Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin (ahhh to return to Mackinac Island)

British Columbia, Washington, Oregon

Un-to-me-explored areas of Florida, including a few days on Anna Maria or at the Keys.

Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, PEI (bit of a stretch for one trip, would have to include a train ride).

Of all of those, the Keys for me. Quite simply the most incredible drive that I have ever done. (I bottled it on the Amalfi Coast in Italy after watching the idiocy of the Scooter Riders and caught the bus).
__________________

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
Toronto & Florida 2022. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1197381
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disneyland Paris News
On 17th June 11:31am
Guests can once again enjoy the outstanding experiences we are known for, from iconic attractions... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 9th June 8:20am
SeaWorld’s first separate-ticketed, nighttime Halloween event, Howl-O-Scream, premieres this fall joining the daytime Halloween Spooktacular... Read More »
Posted in Halloween
On 3rd June 8:21am
Fantasy reigns at Magic Kingdom Park, especially as we get ready for Walt Disney World... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3556
Covent Garden FX  $1.3689
FAIRFX  $1.3574
John Lewis  $1.3538
M&S  $1.3342
Sainsburys  $1.3515
TESCO  $1.3559
Travelex  $1.3461
Updated: 16:30 19/06/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1414
Covent Garden FX  €1.1511
FAIRFX  €1.1385
John Lewis  €1.1397
M&S  €1.1241
Sainsburys  €1.1387
TESCO  €1.1414
Travelex  €1.1367
Updated: 16:30 19/06/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X