Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Feb 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've always found DLP hotels to be on the pricier side, so have only stayed at a DLP hotel a couple of times (once with a fantastic deal from Expedia, another time with a buy 2 nights get 2 nights free offer).

Otherwise, I usually book a hotel at the Val d'Europe area for the fraction of the cost of a DLP hotel. Val d'Europe is just so incredibly accessible for DLP, as it is just one RER stop away with trains running at regular intervals throughout the day. Plus there's also the shopping centre at Val d'Europe which is great for stocking up on snacks at the supermarket, and also an outlet mall nearby too.

As others have said, it is a completely different vibe to WDW, and honestly I prefer WDW over DLP. It's still good for a quick Disney fix though especially since it's so easy to get there from England with the Eurostar! (I used to do quick weekend trips to DLP and could get from my front door to DLP in 6 hours - train to London, then Eurostar either direct to DLP or via Lille).

Agree with others that one of the best parts of DLP is the castle, it is probably the most breathtaking of all the Disney castles - so it is a pity that it will be under refurb!

(The last time I went to DLP was in 2017 though so not sure if this has all changed!)
Old 19 Feb 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've been to DLP 3 times and Orlando 5 times. I'm only a recent convert to DLP as my first two trips werent an overwhelming success.

I first went with extended family as part of my grandmother's 80th birthday celebrations in 2000, we only had 1 day there and it was Meh In between we had quite a few trips to WDW always staying on site. I returned to DLP in February 2019 with my daughter. And it was ... ok ... not an overwhelming success for 2 of the 3 trips. On that trip my DD said that I was silly to compare DLP with wdw and that my 'emotional attachment' to wdw was blinding me. She was 11 I should have listened to her .

I finally realised that DLP has it's own charm on our last minute trip booked just 24 hours before travelling in August last year. We just nipped in before the quarantine kicked in. Admittedly it was a replacement for our Orlando pilgrimage but it certainly hit the spot. I had a fabulous time and really fell for DLP.

It's so hard to not compare DLP with wdw and yet that's what everyone advises and rightly so, but if you can look beyond what could have been and just be thankful for what you have then you may find a new found love. At least I did.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 08:34 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Privateer
Earning More Ears

Hi Mickie,

We've never been to WDW nor any other Disney park. We've only been to DLP but we have been to DLP 3 times.

If you need some Disney magic (and who doesn't at the moment?) then give DLP a try. DLP's castle is supposed to be one of the better ones but unfortunately, it is under refurbishment and therefore the night fireworks display may be cancelled or reduced.

As you live in London you have good transport links and multiple ways of getting there, our preferred way is to drive and take the Euro Tunnel.

Yes DLP is expensive, if you don't want to stay onsite then the Ibis Hôtel (Val d'Europe) is basic but clean and is only 50 metres from the station and is just one RER stop away from DLP.

From what I understand, DLP is different from WDW, but it is still Disney. Use the trip as an experiment and fact-finding mission and you may find that in the future when you need a few days of Disney magic you can go on a spontaneous trip to DLP with no worries.

Regards,

Edited at 03:42 PM.
Privateer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TiggerRocks
Trying for More Ears

DLP is great but its nothing like DW... Totally different holidays...

DLP is like Disneyland in California.

We think its great
TiggerRocks is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to provide some really useful views and information. I’ve wanted to go to DLP for a while just to try something different, although I must confess California was on my list next. Think I may well follow the advice and save DLP for when the refurb on the castle has finished.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Like others we've been to both WDW and DLP many times - they're completely different types of holiday! WDW (and the rest of Orlando) is at least a 2 week full on trip - but at DLP we have 3-4 night girls trips and always love it.
Some rides etc are far better at DLP and the 2 parks are yards away from each other.
Go with expectations of a different Disney experience and you'll have a great time.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
Just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to provide some really useful views and information. I’ve wanted to go to DLP for a while just to try something different, although I must confess California was on my list next. Think I may well follow the advice and save DLP for when the refurb on the castle has finished.
Even after you have been to WDW and DLP it is still worth going to California. While the type of holiday is similar to DLP (as in its a 2 to 4 day park) its still very different to WDW and DLP from a rides / experience perspective.

I have loved all 3 Can't wait to go to Tokyo etc
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List