Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Mar 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Kuredu the Maldives

Hi, I'm considering changing my holiday from Mexico to the Maldives for this August. It will be myself and DS 13. The aim is mainly to relax and neither of us dive but he is a strong swimmer so will probably do a bit of snorkelling, but nothing major. Has anyone been to this resort and what did they think of it? I'm looking at a garden bungalow and going all inclusive. Thanks

Edited at 10:45 AM.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Yes it was our first Maldives holiday in 2009, we loved it, and have been back a few times to other islands.

That was the holiday that started our interest in diving as we spent most of the time face down snorkelling on the lagoon side of the island, with so much to see, we spent ages one day just watching a turtle milling around. All 4 of us did our PADI OW qualification a few years later.

We stayed in 2 garden bungalows next to each other, they're on the same side of the island as the water villas / ocean. I did however look at the beach villas and wish we'd had them, they're on the lagoon side but there was nothing at all wrong with our garden villas, they're still on the beach, just further back and ocean side so no snorkelling from there.

The resort has changed a lot since we went, I believe there's now even a kids' club as it's so popular with families being a larger island! There's also the ?58 underwater restaurant, which looks amazing but is a VERY expensive add on.

They have the 'O' resort now also, which is the adult only side.

There was an excellent dive centre, but they also did a snorkelling intro, if they still do that I'd thoroughly recommend it, really helps orientate you to where you can safely snorkel and what to see where.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thank you so much for your reply. I really hope I'm not making a mistake lol and am on the phone with BA now My son really would prefer this sort of trip which has actually surprised me.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Well it looks like a no go. On the BA website it's showing as 3,470.00 I'm being told on the phone first it 3,501.00. When I tell them the web price she then says oh let me check live pricing and says 3,490.00 which seems very odd. I've just priced it again and that's what it's saying. Anyone know any way around this. The holiday I'm changing from is 2,600 so it is a bit of a jump. Thanks.
Old 7 Mar 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Thank you so much for your reply. I really hope I'm not making a mistake lol and am on the phone with BA now My son really would prefer this sort of trip which has actually surprised me.
The Maldives is by far the most beautiful place I've ever been, nowhere else comes close.

The only proviso I'd add is that you need to either enjoy relaxing the whole time (which I really don't) or you have to love the ocean (which I do), whether it's snorkelling, diving, swimming, sailing or water sports.

You do find people out there who want to do nothing but lie by the pool for the entire time, which is honestly beyond me why you'd travel that far when there are so many places far closer to do the same. If you want stunning ocean and beach though, you really won't beat it.

Make sure you're all inclusive, EVERYTHING you pay for on the islands is at a significant premium, it's not like you can shop around. The Kuredu facebook page is a very useful resource for information on everything.

Enjoy

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
The Maldives is by far the most beautiful place I've ever been, nowhere else comes close.

The only proviso I'd add is that you need to either enjoy relaxing the whole time (which I really don't) or you have to love the ocean (which I do), whether it's snorkelling, diving, swimming, sailing or water sports.

You do find people out there who want to do nothing but lie by the pool for the entire time, which is honestly beyond me why you'd travel that far when there are so many places far closer to do the same. If you want stunning ocean and beach though, you really won't beat it.

Make sure you're all inclusive, EVERYTHING you pay for on the islands is at a significant premium, it's not like you can shop around. The Kuredu facebook page is a very useful resource for information on everything.

Enjoy
I joined that page last night and everyone is so friendly and helpful there I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do now though
Old 7 Mar 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
I joined that page last night and everyone is so friendly and helpful there I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do now though
Good luck with whatever you decide, does it have to be with BA? Have you taken your food costs into consideration?

Old 7 Mar 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Good luck with whatever you decide, does it have to be with BA? Have you taken your food costs into consideration?
Hi, yes it has to be with BA as our holiday to Mexico is with them and so they would need to switch it. Pricing things up, All inclusive plus is best for us. I don't drink so didn't bother with All inclusive gold. They are refusing to play ball, so seeing what my options are, Under normal circumstances I would just book it and request a voucher for future use. But I'd prefer not to have too much tied up in travel at the moment. Thanks for all of your help, hopefully there will be a way
Old 10 Mar 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sorry to jump in, when is the best time to go to the Maldives. We are really stuck with 2 weeks in July/beg of August or over Christmas/New Year. I'd rather go summer. Not this year of course.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
Sorry to jump in, when is the best time to go to the Maldives. We are really stuck with 2 weeks in July/beg of August or over Christmas/New Year. I'd rather go summer. Not this year of course.
Prices will jump up a lot over Christmas and new year!