Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Mar 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Siesta key

Usually go to AMI for 10 days, but we thought we would have a change next year, any one been to Siesta Key and what did you think. Love the Gulf of Mexico.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

Hiya,
My family are from Sarasota so I have been lucky enough to spend lots of time in the area.
What are you wanting to know? It's a bit different a feel to AM but both are amazing.
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Thankyou, love AMI, is siesta key a lot busier or younger lol not looking for a party scene, we’ve found a lovely condo 3 miles from siesta key village, we will have a car.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Suits all ages imo
Don’t miss the Sunday night drum circle on the beach. Take chairs.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

It totally suits all ages, it's family friendly and there is some nice nightlife in the village but it's certainly not club 18-30s set. As soon as your out of the village strip it's very quiet and a nice island feel but I think there is a bit more shops and restaurants than AM, although I have spent much more time at Siesta than AM and recall the days that there wasn't much more in the village than Daiquiri Deck, Salty Dog and Siesta Key Oyster Bar.
The beaches are lovely, we like to kayak off the south of the island and it's easy to get about in island too. If you have a car it's a doddle!
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

We got married on Siesta key in 2013.

The beach is amazing! Beautiful soft white sand, clear azure water with great waves.
A few lovely restaurants but none on the beach ..you need a car to drive to them.
Had the best (outside of Thailand) all over body massage in the village on the morning of my wedding (surprise from my then to be husband).
It was a quite place. With great beach & good food ..only reason we don’t go back is we like restaurants on the beach to walk to each night & there are none.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

No there aren't any restaurants on the beach on Siesta Key but it's only a 5 minute walk from the beach to the village or there are a couple of restaurants bay side on the water on the South of the Key and at Stickney Point Bridge. There are lots of water front dining around within easy driving distance and if you have a car it's also not far to drive to one of the other keys for beach front dining, my favourite being Mar Vista on Longboat. One thing Siesta and Sarasota doesn't lack is good food and drink if that is an important part of your holiday... it is making me hungry thinking about it :-)
Old 5 May 21, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by shoei View Post
No there aren't any restaurants on the beach on Siesta Key but it's only a 5 minute walk from the beach to the village or there are a couple of restaurants bay side on the water on the South of the Key and at Stickney Point Bridge. There are lots of water front dining around within easy driving distance and if you have a car it's also not far to drive to one of the other keys for beach front dining, my favourite being Mar Vista on Longboat. One thing Siesta and Sarasota doesn't lack is good food and drink if that is an important part of your holiday... it is making me hungry thinking about it :-)
We were at siesta dunes & there were none in walking distant.
We did indeed have some lovely food & good service.
I’d go back just for that message & renee to do my nails again 🤣 day visit planned next year 😍

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by zokaluse View Post
We were at siesta dunes & there were none in walking distant.
We did indeed have some lovely food & good service.
I’d go back just for that message & renee to do my nails again 🤣 day visit planned next year 😍
You guys obviously had a good honeymoon

Within 800 yards of Siesta Dunes there are a number of restaurants. E.g. Claytons and Captain Curts.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
You guys obviously had a good honeymoon

Within 800 yards of Siesta Dunes there are a number of restaurants. E.g. Claytons and Captain Curts.
I suppose we didn’t know a quick walking way to them as we went to both of those ..Claytons twice as first on our own then back the night before the wedding with our guests. We all drove though ...know for next time - thanks.