Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

DLP trip between DW trip how you do it?

Just a quick question - I see on here a few times over the years people talking about a short Disneyland Paris trip in between their yearly or every other year Disney World trip to get some quick Disney magic fix. I not prying into peoples financial situation but how do people do a a dlp trip in between waiting for their WDW trip as I’d love to do this but I always feel when have to save up for a planned WDW trip I can’t just afford a cheeky trip to dlp so how to people do it any tricks or tips? Like I say not prying into peoples finances it’s great if you can afford it but I just wondered if people have tips and tricks to do a cheeky dlp trip in between WDW trips
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

We lived in Germany for 2 years so for us it was jump in the car and drive plus we got 50% off park tickets on the door.

Don't think we could afford Disneyworld and DLP now we are back in the UK though. Like you, when we save we save purely for that trip 😊
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It usually takes us 5 years to save for WDW. We can (or at least could) do a 4 night DLP trip for about £800 onsite including transport and food. So we tended to go once a year in a non-WDW year.

It’s harder now we live in Wales and can’t take advantage of those £29 Eurostar fares!

Edited at 07:34 AM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thanks for replies
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

I always do dlp on the cheap. We are ap holders so pay that monthly. Look or cheap flights on sky scanner, where we live we can fly from Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff or Heathrow so usually pay around £100 return. Then we stay offsite, there's a few places we like to stay at and always look for the best deal. We book through e bookers or booking.com. so a few nights at DLP cost us around £300 each.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

I have a trip to DLP planned for December 2021, 🤞. But this is DD (aged 23!) combined Christmas presents for 2019 ( a short break to Blackpool Zoo which never happened), and 2021... well that’s our excuse anyway, and a lovely opportunity to have a few days together now she’s left home.

Flights from Newcastle not cheap at £200 each though.

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We’ve got a trip booked for February 2022 and keeping fingers crossed for WDW in July. When we go to Florida, all of our savings go towards that holiday. We can afford to go to DLP purely because last years holiday to Florida was cancelled.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

We have only been to DLP once before DS was born.Even off site it always just seems so expensive for a few nights.Hopefully we’ll get there at some point in the future if we could find it at a cheaper price.
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Jessie2012 View Post
We have only been to DLP once before DS was born.Even off site it always just seems so expensive for a few nights.Hopefully we’ll get there at some point in the future if we could find it at a cheaper price.
Really easy to do cheaply. There are plenty of offsite hotels just 5 minutes away on the RER train. Many times I've walked out of the gates and been back in my room in 15 minutes.

Our last trip cost £200 for 3 nights at the Ibis. And £29 each way on the Eurostar to Gare du Nord, then 30 Euros return to Marne la Vallee.

Huge supermarket nearby for food, there are plenty of hotels with kitchenettes so you can self cater.

If you're going to go for more than 3 nights in a 12 month period, annual passes work out cheaper, and come with lots of discounts.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Really easy to do cheaply. There are plenty of offsite hotels just 5 minutes away on the RER train. Many times I've walked out of the gates and been back in my room in 15 minutes.

Our last trip cost £200 for 3 nights at the Ibis. And £29 each way on the Eurostar to Gare du Nord, then 30 Euros return to Marne la Vallee.

Huge supermarket nearby for food, there are plenty of hotels with kitchenettes so you can self cater.

If you're going to go for more than 3 nights in a 12 month period, annual passes work out cheaper, and come with lots of discounts.
Thanks,I don’t know why it always seems so expensive when I look.With living in the North of England,it always ends up quite expensive trying to get the Eurostar,so we’ve always looked at flights from Manchester.
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List