Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 17 Apr 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

Help with back up plan /new destination if USA/Florida still closed in May

Please give me some inspiration-

2 ad and 1, 8 year old (ASD)
Maybe 1 20 year old and her partner (if i feel generous enough to pay)

Been to all the Disneys and absoloutly love it (we go at least a couple of times a year to Orlando and france.)

Been to Egypt - (after forcing hubby arm- Booked all the trips / pyramids ect ,even though we went 5* all inc , hubby hated the thought but loved it- but it was before we had the little one.)

Done spain and france all the theme paks (8 year old loves them and has taught herself some French/Spanish so again loves it) also done loads of spanish resorts .

Have been to Cyprus ect Greece ect great but as a family need day trips ect /Hubby kids cant sit still!

Even went to vegas with the kids as well and even the 8 year old (5 at the time ) loved it but we did day trips - Buggys /jeeps in the dessert ect

Please give me some ideas for a back up if we can tavel but not to USA

We paid for eldest to go ST Lucia for her 21st and she loved it , and i have always said we would go somewhere like that and a trip every other day - So do we go ?

Grrr Why is it when you find something you love it becomes so hard to make a change.
I just need a holiday...

Edited at 10:21 PM.
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

Oh and we have all had covid and Me and Hubby will have had both jabs by the start of May.

We have to be back by 8th June so only have a tiny window...

Edited at 10:23 PM.
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Until the announcements are made then it’s anyone’s guess.
If you like All Inclusive then Caribbean or Mexico maybe , or perhaps Greece (has all inclusive but personally I prefer not to for Greece as it has such a great taverna culture)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Until the announcements are made then it’s anyone’s guess.
If you like All Inclusive then Caribbean or Mexico maybe , or perhaps Greece (has all inclusive but personally I prefer not to for Greece as it has such a great taverna culture)
Oh i know we need to wait but need some back up ideas (oh and to have done the research or mr moan will just well Moan.)

I seem to somehow have hit a brickwall with ideas this year- But i neeeed to get away.

#Eldest has dropped it on us thats shes having a baby
Youngest has ASD and doesnt like /talk to people so is home educated and Covid has gave her Anxiety.
And middle daughter has moved her partner in
Oh and Covid has delayed our move...
and somehow they have lumped me with another load of medical conditions,
So if i dont get a holiday soon with a bit of sun i might cry

But i have no idea where (can i blame covid for feeling like my brain is numb! /

Edited at 01:58 AM.
Old 18 Apr 21, 04:37 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’d just wait and see what opens up first (I have a feeling it may be the US before some EC countries).
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
How about looking at Cornwall or Devon then you should be able to feel pretty confident that your holiday will come off without too much hassle.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I haven’t been there so can’t advise but what about Gibraltar for somewhere different? Had some good press recently.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

Another vote for Mexico, it’s great and so much for everyone to do, my kids both loved it and hopefully we will be going back next year
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Maybe not for May this year as might be too soon, and avoid height of summer as too hot but Dubai would fit your bill. Been twice now and still not done everything, so much to do there. Can even stay a bit further out at Lapita which is onsite to motiongate, Legoland and Bollywood theme parks.
Geordieprincess is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We went to Barbados in 2018 and loved it. DD was 9 and DS 11.

Days out include:
Catamaran snorkeling/turtles
Horse racing
Cricket match
Day trip to Bridgetown (shopping)
Friday night Fish Fry
Hire a car and lots of places to see/do.

Kids said they preferred it to WDW 🤣

We were all inclusive but it had 3 restaurants, a buffet, table service menu, and a chinese.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List