Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Apr 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report - Day 12

Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report - Day 12

Index is here

Day 12 Saturday 14th July Beach Balls, Volleyball and Soccer Balls.

Breakfast at club level again this morning. A time that we were all reasonably happy with, 9am.

Ds was eating them out of pancakes. The bag always seems to run out whenever he is making some, I’m sure the club level staff see him coming and get extra bags out now.

As much as the pancakes are good it is the onion bagels that are my favourite.

Here’s this evenings menu.

After breakfast we headed to the pool for the morning. Ds was delighted as the beachballs were out and the volleyball net was up.

We had a lovely time. After we were showered and changed we decided to get the boat to City Walk for a late lunch and chose Cowfish. It was quiet as it was about 3pm so no wait for a table.

I’d never eaten sushi before. As much as I love fish and seafood I’ve never been very sure of what to order. So when I saw they did a bento box here with a burger and sushi I was keen to try it.

Dh had the black cherry cider again. He had the black and Brie burger, with blackberries and honey. He loved it!

Ds had the dragon bitze kids bento box, grilled chicken with bbq sauce, edamame and fries. He enjoyed it. He also had a Fanta.

I had the bento fusion box, with small burger, edamame, sweet potato fries, pickled cucumber which was strangely awesome and the firecracker roll which ds and I thought was delicious. I had a Diet Coke. I was now a sushi fan, even though I still would not have a clue what to order elsewhere.

Not too bad a price for what we had I thought.

Cowfish was a hit, Ds loved the toilet signs.

We decided to check out voodoo donuts after and there were only about 5 people in the outside line.

That mural behind us is made from duct tape, I was reading a Touring Plans blog earlier that pointed this out. How amazing!

Ds was cheesing as he’d been very excited about getting to Voodoo.

It’s so hard to make a decision, we got 4, the voodoo doll, the universal orange creamsicle, the mango tango and the peanut cake. I expected it to be more expensive. Less than $10 with annual pass discount.

They even got their own seat back on the boat to keep them safe.

We ate the mango one when we got back, very nice but very sweet. A third at a time will do me nicely.

Stopping off in club level it would have been rude not to have a wee wine and cheese and crackers club level. I asked for some crackers as there was none out tonight so I ended up with a whole packet.

We had tickets for the Orlando City game.
After lots of advice from here we got an Uber to the Broken Cauldron Taproom for $14. This is only about a 10 minute walk from the ground.

Ds had a sprite, Dh had a bleed purple beer, it was a bit too bitter for him. I had a pinacoladade beer which was nice enough. Dh also has a lions lager which he liked better.

It is a fan pub so it was pretty busy.

We watched the fan parade from the pub and walked to the stadium.

The green army men were part of the warm up entertainment. Surreal.

And the Disney section full of Green alien hats.

It was roasting, Ds had some dippin dots. Dh was cheesing at having a beer watching the game.

Orlando City had lost 9 games in a row so it was great they won. A guy 2 rows behind us fell over at the first goal, falling down 2 rows, he seemed ok apart from an injured wrist.

The standing section was fun to watch, the last time I’d ever seen fans like that was a PSG home game.

The cost of drinks in the game was extortionate, but they have a captive audience as they are so strict with what you can take in. $16 for a Heineken and a bottle of water.

We walked back to the tap house, it was still reasonably busy. I did have a bit of a panic when I realised my 4G wasn’t working for about 5 minutes and it wasn’t really somewhere I’d particularly have wanted to been after the pub closed. When it started working, I ordered an Uber straight away, much to the disgust of Dh who would have liked to have stayed for another beer. It arrived pretty quickly and cost $15.

Glad we went and we’d do the football again.

Back at RPR we nipped into the orchid lounge bar. Ds had a Fanta, Dh had a bud and I had a strawberry peach margarita. All nice but not cheap but it won’t be a daily occupancy.

Steps – 7.5k plus pool time without fitbit

Highlights – We all agreed it was the football.
Old 19 Apr 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great day with relaxing a football game and more good food

Joan
Old 19 Apr 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

I've just read your whole trip report so far! I'm glad you are writing it 😊

Gosh I miss Disney so much!

We have done a universal hotel for fastpass but never done club level before, would you say it was worth it and would you do it again?
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sounds like a great day with relaxing a football game and more good food

Joan
Thanks Joan, Ds and Dh are big football fans, I just tag along these days.

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
I've just read your whole trip report so far! I'm glad you are writing it 😊

Gosh I miss Disney so much!

We have done a universal hotel for fastpass but never done club level before, would you say it was worth it and would you do it again?

Thanks, I was worried it was weird writing an old one but I've really enjoyed writing it. Thanks for reading.

At the start of our club level stay I didn't really feel it was working well for us as I was torn between wanting to get the most out of club level and the most out of our express passes. As the week went on and I relaxed, I really enjoyed it. It adds a different feel to your holiday and it must have saved us some money, certainly on breakfasts anyway.

I'd absolutely stay club level again, more so on a longer trip where I'm relaxed about what we are doing park wise. I'm considering a week of our summer trip at RPR club level if I can get a good price, we had that booked for Summer 2020. If my priority was park time, though, I wouldn't bother with it. We are doing a week at Universal in February with 2 of the nights at Hard Rock, I looked at the club level upgrade price but we decided that the priority was park time when we have the express so didn't bother upgrading.
Old 22 Apr 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

Another great day 👍
I can’t wait to visit Voodoo Doughnuts 😋
Thanks for posting
Florida1972 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Florida1972 View Post
Another great day 👍
I can’t wait to visit Voodoo Doughnuts 😋
Thanks for posting
Thanks.

It is so good and such a great addition to Citywalk. I see there is a new doughnut place at Disney Springs. I wonder how they compare. You could visit both and do a wee comparison report 😂
Old 29 Apr 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good to see the pancakes are up to scratch! You can’t beat some pool time at RPR, it is so lovely and relaxing. So you obviously ordered way better than we did at cow fish. Your food actually looks edible! We might have to try again and see if we can do better.

I thought the voodoo donuts were super sweet too. The theming is great though.

I love that you went to the football- we have watched baseball in America but have never had the opportunity to see anything else. Looks like a great crowd and I love how enthusiastic everyone is. Nice way to finish the night with a fancy cocktail.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Good to see the pancakes are up to scratch! You can’t beat some pool time at RPR, it is so lovely and relaxing. So you obviously ordered way better than we did at cow fish. Your food actually looks edible! We might have to try again and see if we can do better.

I thought the voodoo donuts were super sweet too. The theming is great though.

I love that you went to the football- we have watched baseball in America but have never had the opportunity to see anything else. Looks like a great crowd and I love how enthusiastic everyone is. Nice way to finish the night with a fancy cocktail.
Ds would certainly give the pancakes his seal of approval. 😂

I saw your Cowfish pictures, as much as I love a wee onion straw that looked pretty random. Dh raves about the burgers, I love that firecracker roll and the tuna thing where the burger buns are made of rice is fantastic!

The apple crisp is my favourite doughnut. Not too sweet, just perfect.

Baseball would be interesting. We did the basketball in a February, it was really good, very entertaining. I’d absolutely do that again.