Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Don't Be Grumpy! Feb 19- Day 4

Day 4- Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs- 24th Feb 19
The tigers that didn't come for tea

Another early wake up...sigh. Our first Fastpass wasn't until 11:30, so we went for a cooked breakfast in the resort of a bounty platter with a Mickey waffle.

Then we hiked through the Alligator Bayou section to get to the West Depot stop so we could actually get on a bus. Saw loads of people being dropped off from Disney races!

When we reached Animal Kingdom, our first stop was Pandora for of course, a Flight Of Passage Fastpass. It was brilliant fun as usual and we had lunch at Satuli Canteen afterwards. I had a bowl with beef, sweet potato hash and an onion vinegarette. It was very tasty. Mum had just a bowl of rice and prawns and seemed to enjoy it very much.

After lunch we did our return time for River Journey and tried and failed to get a pic of Grumpy on the ride. There was quite a few rides where it was difficult or impossible because holding him to make sure he didn't go flying off the ride was hard.

From then on we played it by ear. We had a fastpass for the Up! Bird show which was cute, but I preferred the old version.

The detailing in the Asia section is fantastic and there's so much to look at- I had fun taking pictures.

Then after the show, we did the tiger trail which was very disappointing. No tigers, they were all having an afternoon rest and no bats because of introducing a new male so they were offstage too.

Only tiger we actually saw..

At some point in the day we also bought a nice Animal Kingdom design canvas drawstring bag as a present for a certain someone who didn't come with us and I almost bought a Hei Hei t-shirt. We also almost finished off our park reusable bag collection- we had 3 out of 4 park designs, the WDW resort design and the World Of Disney design.

We stopped for a rest and for me a snack of a blue raspberry and strawberry slushie plus chocolate covered pineapple skewer which was not quite as nice as last time- the pineapple wasn't quite ripe.

Then we did the safari which was okay, our guide last time was better. We did see a baby giraffe and had our passage briefly blocked by a white rhino wandering across the road.

After the safari, we decided we were finished with the park and wanted to go over to Disney Springs, and luckily there was a bus running from AK after 4pm.

When we got there we decided to try and get into Chef Art Smith's Homecoming which was successful, we waited half an hour and got a seat on the porch outside. Weirdly, we had the exact server as we did in September!

I ordered the chicken and doughnuts with a side of mac and cheese and Mum ordered the fried chicken with the same side. I could have eaten just a big bowl of the mac and cheese, it was gorgeous. Thick layer of melted cheese on the top spilling over the side of the bowl...drool. Neither of us could finish our meals and took half of it to go.

We then walked over to Ghirardelli to see about using up our last snack credits, but decided against it. It wasn't particularly good value for money, but Goofy's was. We picked up lots of goodies for later then took the boat home and to bed.

A street show we spotted involving a roving piano which was very good

Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List