Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 30 Apr 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Direct Payments

I have been asked to look at these for DD respite, can anyone with of experience of these offer any advice? Can PM. X
Old 30 Apr 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz's buddy
slightly serious Dibber

Where are you in the Country?
Different local authorities will have different procedures so advice offered may not be relevant to your area.
Buzz's buddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

DS2 has has had Direct Payments since he was 16. This meant we could keep his Carer.!
Old 1 May 21, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the replies, i got a call from the company the LA uses and they help you through it all apparently! Hoping to use her previous TA who has now retired, DD loves her and she said she would love to do it! We meet up every few weeks anyway to walk dogs.

Edited at 07:23 AM.
Bootrip2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

So have person all lined up, got yo fill out insurance and other forms. Am still a bit confused over payments. Do i need to make additional payments to cover employers NI/tax contributions?

Also how do we allow for expenses? Do we pay them as we go? Direct to carer? These costs are met by us and not part of DP?

Edited at 10:46 AM.
Bootrip2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I use a Council recommended Payroll company, they email me payslips etc and the wages/tax etc. I then pay them through bank transfer.

Expenses I pay direct to the person. The Direct Payments should cover all agreed outgoings.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I use a Council recommended Payroll company, they email me payslips etc and the wages/tax etc. I then pay them through bank transfer.

Expenses I pay direct to the person. The Direct Payments should cover all agreed outgoings.
Thanks. Have payroll company -just seems a bit daunting! Wasnt too sure on expenses, x doesnt help with it being bank holiday and DD hopefully going out tomoro. Insurance says they will cover when they receive note back, which i can email tomoro although payment card is set up but has no balance so will need to contact them to add in balance.
Old 31 May 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

It’s all pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it. I have to submit accounts every three months. I email the Accounts department with downloaded bank statements and a summary of all the payments made, on a spreadsheet.

It might take a while for the Direct Payments to start, usually they back date it but you will need to check that out.
Old 31 May 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Luckily i have got a brand new folder for the job of collating the DP stuff! DD looking forward to hoing out with her old TA!
Old 1 Jun 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

DD went on respite today for first time, it was with her TA who she misses since she retired last year. It went so well, for pribably over 5 years we havent been able to leave her with anyone, not even family without anxiety so extreme it nakes her physically sick. I am just so pleased and hope next visit will be as good. X
Direct payments paperwork hopefully good to go. Thanks for help. X