Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 May 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The cheesecake at Juniors looks so good, we will have to go back one day. Central Park in the sunshine and the margarita. It looks like you had fun in NYC.

What a stressful airport experience though. At least you finally made it. Phew! A shame the lipstick bottle got left behind.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Oh wow, the flights sound awful! Glad you finally got there. Following 😁
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
What a mammoth trek to get there, at least you got a fab day in New York out of it.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Oh this is great will be following along 😀
Thank you Julie!

Edited at 11:55 AM.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Following along. Yay ! You finally made it to Orlando.
Thank you Loobylou now the Disney fun can begin!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The cheesecake at Juniors looks so good, we will have to go back one day. Central Park in the sunshine and the margarita. It looks like you had fun in NYC.

What a stressful airport experience though. At least you finally made it. Phew! A shame the lipstick bottle got left behind.
The cheesecake is amazing and the margarita was delicious

So we really tried not to freak out, there wasn’t anything we could do other than just make the most of it. I was just so pleased to get to Orlando and have way less drama.
Old 3 May 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Oh wow, the flights sound awful! Glad you finally got there. Following 😁
Thank you, we were pleased to get there too!
Old 3 May 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
What a mammoth trek to get there, at least you got a fab day in New York out of it.
You are spot on Julie, we really did make the most of the time we had in NYC. Thankfully we had been there before so we’re able to do some of the things we had missed out on.
Old 3 May 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Magic Kingdom

We had breakfast in the POFQ food court, it was busy but we didn’t want a leisurely breakfast- it was Magic Kingdom time! The beignets were fresh and delicious and we also shared a bounty platter (sorry no pic of this, just imagine lots of beige on a plate).

We are here!

We stopped at Storybook Treats for a Peter Pan Float and an ice-cream sundae. They were both super sweet and really enjoyable.

Lunch was at Be Our Guest and we had pre-ordered (thanks to the Dibb!) which made our wait super short. It was incredibly busy inside and we ate in the main dining room, however we did manage to look in both the other rooms. The theming is good but it was like a noisy canteen. We ordered a Turkey sandwich and the beef Sandwich which came with a jus to share between the 3 of us. Both sandwiches were huge and was more than enough. I had a cheeky glass of Prosecco, Cooper had a sprite and Adam had a beer. I’m pleased we did it and I’m also pleased we pre-ordered!

The park was busy but we managed to do all our fastpasses and then just queued for old favourites like the Tiki Room and Country Bears Jamboree.

Dinner was at Crystal Palace. We waited about 30mins after our reservation time and it was super busy inside. We were given the worst table in the room right outside the door to the kitchen where all the waiters run the dirty plates to. I was too tired to moan and I was just happy to be at Disney so we just sucked it up!

The character interaction was great and there was a lot of choice on the buffet. I seem to recall really enjoying the green beans and the boys love the dessert bar. Sorry no pics of food as it was just so busy. I’m not sure I would go again, not for any other reason than it was just really really busy. Maybe breakfast would be a bit more relaxed and we wouldn’t be so tired.

We didn’t stay for the fireworks as it was so crazy in front of the castle and were running on empty after the late night and early morning.

Edited at 01:30 PM.
Old 4 May 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
California Grill Brunch, Nomad Lounge

Time for Brunch!

A little bit of Disney Magic was cast on us this morning. We caught the bus from POFQ and I asked the driver the best way to get to the Contemporary for our brunch. He was super kind and said just hop on. We took our seats and another family hopped on the bus. When we got to MK we went to hop off and he told us to stay seated whilst the other family got off. He shut the doors and explained that he was going to drive us! Door to door service it meant weren’t all hot and sweaty when we arrived. We thanked him profusely and gave him a cast compliment too.

We had a brilliant table, overlooking the castle and the weather was great too. So loads of sparkly wine was had (by me) and we nibbled on charcuterie, sushi and salads. There was an incident with a devilled egg Cooper accidentally knocked one on the floor and quietly called me over. I saw what happened and I stood over the egg so no one would slip on it, Cooper legged it and I called over a waiter and he helped me clean it up. Honestly you can’t take him anywhere

We ordered shrimp and grits for Adam, Cooper and I both had avocado on toast (had fried chicken on it) and toasted coconut and pineapple stuffed French toast. Adam had a cocktail- it was something with blueberries or blackberries and he loved it! Everything was delicious and the chocolate and treats at the end were excellent. Our waiter was charming and we had a delightful few hours eating and drinking. Thankfully we were on the DDP as the bill was astronomical and the tip was twice what we would pay for a meal offsite. Overall a fantastic experience and we were all pleased we had been.

Back to POFQ to get changed and head out to our fast passes at AK.
Made a drink stop at Nomad Lounge, it was so lovely and cool and relaxing. Cocktails were on the cards, mine was something with pineapple and Adam had something with ginger ale. Cooper had a sprite.

It was lovely to not rush and just enjoy being together, the cocktails didn’t hurt either. 😂

Off to see The Lion King, it was amazing as usual. We stopped for a dole whip float and a ice-cream cookie sandwich. These were both great but very melty.

Had dinner at POFQ food court, Cooper had chicken tenders and fries, he loved this. Adam had a burger and I had a po’boy. All very tasty and we didn’t wait long for anything. Sorry no pics but again just imagine lots of beige!

Edited at 04:44 PM.