Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 May 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Travel insurance and travelling to Amber list countries

So what do you think will happen to the usual annual travel policies many of us hold if we chose to travel to amber list countries ?

We have a Lv premier policy which is annual and will be calling them tomorrow to ask the question whether we are covered in a amber destination.

Any thoughts ?

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

I’ve been reading my Barclays travel pack and looks like I’m not covered as FCO advice is to not travel to Amber listed countries for leisure purposes.

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Big Belle View Post
I’ve been reading my Barclays travel pack and looks like I’m not covered as FCO advice is to not travel to Amber listed countries for leisure purposes.
I am not sure about this. For example we are off to Crete (allegedly) only a few days ago the guidance was changed, Greece advice against, Crete and a few others ok to travel.
But Crete and others not on green list. So is it a blanket ban in not being able to travel to amber countries or is it than you can travel after Xyz date but there are additional steps on return.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I am not sure about this. For example we are off to Crete (allegedly) only a few days ago the guidance was changed, Greece advice against, Crete and a few others ok to travel.
But Crete and others not on green list. So is it a blanket ban in not being able to travel to amber countries or is it than you can travel after Xyz date but there are additional steps on return.
Well hopefully the situation will change but that was what understand from the Barclays Travel Pack website and the FCO website this morning.

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The way I take it is, that it is advice not to travel to an Amber country. It is no longer against the law. Battle Face previously were doing cover for trips against FCDO advice so they are worth checking.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Hi all I’ve checked with my insurance and we are not covered as our fabulous government are staying on their website we SHOULD NOT travel for leisure reasons . This makes insurance invalid sadly .
Gutted so only option for us is to hope Mexico turns green by end of July when we are due to travel .

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

That’s really strange as I rang Nationwide Flexplus insurance and they said if foreign office advises against all but essential then they will cover for medical issues including if you get COVID but not covering cancellation.

Only if it says advises against all travel will they not cover anything.

I guess it’s that at the moment all travel insurance policy’s use the foreign office classification and now the department of transport has the red, amber and green classification.

It’s only illegal to travel up to 17 May so it’s a wait and see how insurance companies react now. Mine was happy when mentioning amber country but it had only just been announced so May change.
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Our concern is what happens if you're out in an amber country that then turns red before you return. I doubt it'll be easy to get insurance to cover the hotel stay on return if that happens.

We were going to book Greece for September as quarantining at home is no problem for us (we both work from home anyway). But we don't want to risk it now as who knows what will happen between now and then, so we're going to Scotland instead. We don't want the uncertainty and would be worrying about it constantly. We'll just have to pack a rather different set of clothes! Greece isn't going anywhere so we'll get our foreign holiday next year instead.
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by folkie View Post
Our concern is what happens if you're out in an amber country that then turns red before you return. I doubt it'll be easy to get insurance to cover the hotel stay on return if that happens.

We were going to book Greece for September as quarantining at home is no problem for us (we both work from home anyway). But we don't want to risk it now as who knows what will happen between now and then, so we're going to Scotland instead. We don't want the uncertainty and would be worrying about it constantly. We'll just have to pack a rather different set of clothes! Greece isn't going anywhere so we'll get our foreign holiday next year instead.
The way it seems is that the stage after Amber is red watch list before going fully to red so there is more notice than there was last summer.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

We found out that battle face covers travellers going to amber countries and we will buy their insurance as not bad prices should our flights to Mexico go in July and if Mexico is still amber .

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007