Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 May 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Passport turn around time

Just wanted to let people know that I applied for a new adult passport for my son as he turned 16 (his child one expired in Jan) . I did the application on line and within a week of his old passport been recieved we had his new passport in our hands. So appears the 10 weeks which was talked about may only be for trurly new passports.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Mine was the same. Old passport received on the Tuesday and I had my new one on the Monday.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Same here
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

They actually sent the old and new passport in the same envelope via a courier, which did surprise me.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

I sent mine last Friday and my new one arrived this morning.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I think it really depends which address you send it to, I have renewed 2 of my childrens. One I got an email back for saying its been processed (1 week) the other I have not heard anything about yet.
Old 22 May 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

This is encouraging-mine us valid until 2022 for none European countries. We have Florida booked for end July if that doesn’t go ahead I would like to go to Europe. However I didn’t want to apply and risk in not coming back in time for July 23.
Old 22 May 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

I think it depends where it is sent too, mine and ds was sent 5 weeks ago, got them back within a week. 5 weeks later dd is still sitting saying received and old passport received nothing has changed in the 5 weeks.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheGrahams View Post
I think it depends where it is sent too, mine and ds was sent 5 weeks ago, got them back within a week. 5 weeks later dd is still sitting saying received and old passport received nothing has changed in the 5 weeks.
Mine is going to be like this, a friend got her 2 sons done recently. Like us they had to be sent to two different addresses one took a week the other was a full 10 weeks.
Old 23 May 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheGrahams View Post
I’m like this too 🤦
Application received on 2 May then they asked me to send other documents, which they supposedly got on 12th, I rung for confirmation, no news yet 😬
They have been usually great with communication though
Sent to Peterborough office 🤞
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List