Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 May 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyDose View Post
I just checked the Eurostar website and there doesn't seem to be any direct services from London Paddington to Disneyland Paris for all dates up to September. All services have been cut back due to the pandemic and some stations such as Ebbsfleet are closed until 2022.

All train services are terminating at Lille for SNCF connections to Disneyland Paris. Some dates have 2 connections, so it's definitely not the fast and direct service it once was. Might be quicker to fly, though I'm not sure how good connections are from the Paris airports to the park.
Yes Eurostar have said they will not be running direct trains from London St Pancras to Disneyland until at least October due to projected lower demand. Therefore it is a case of either getting the Eurostar into Paris and connecting out to Disneyland, or getting the Eurostat to Lille and changing trains to a TGV to Disneyland.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Marto
I want to go now!

We are booked for the end of July so hoping France becomes green before then. Not holding out too much hope but with DLP reopening that is one of the hurdles out of the way!
Old 17 May 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Emily90 View Post
Great news! However, all of you who have booked, are you happy to have the castle under construction and no fireworks? I wanted to go In December but now I have just found this out
What ?

Really ?
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Just been looking and yeah its under serious reconstruction starting Jan 2021 - no end date

Going end of Oct - would hope its done by then
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post

The castle is scheduled to be complete by the 30th anniversary, so April 2022. But there is no confirmation of exactly when it will finish.

They have installed a giant tarp over the castle to hide the work. Due to social distancing fireworks were unlikely to return anytime soon, so it’s as good a time as any to get the work done.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DLPFan View Post
The castle is scheduled to be complete by the 30th anniversary, so April 2022. But there is no confirmation of exactly when it will finish.

They have installed a giant tarp over the castle to hide the work. Due to social distancing fireworks were unlikely to return anytime soon, so it’s as good a time as any to get the work done.
hmmm - looks like Octo 2021 is another cancelled holiday
Old 17 May 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

now the castle does nothing for me but then i am there for the rides
Old 17 May 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by DLPFan View Post
Yes Eurostar have said they will not be running direct trains from London St Pancras to Disneyland until at least October due to projected lower demand. Therefore it is a case of either getting the Eurostar into Paris and connecting out to Disneyland, or getting the Eurostat to Lille and changing trains to a TGV to Disneyland.
Both those options are really easy and will get you to DLP earlier in the day than the direct line. They are often cheaper too. The £29 each way offer for the Paris train comes around often.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
now the castle does nothing for me but then i am there for the rides
You see I am the total opposite...

I am a real ride fan and do a lot of theme parks... Strip away the Disney "magic", castle, fireworks, character meets etc and you are left with a some pretty tame average rides at a very high price point.

I don't see the point of Disney without all that.
Old 18 May 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
GillyD
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Just been looking and yeah its under serious reconstruction starting Jan 2021 - no end date

Going end of Oct - would hope its done by then
They have certainly had lots of time with no public in which to get the work completed rather than try to work around guests.
GillyD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List