Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 May 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Anyone due to go to Mexico soon?

Hello we was supposed to be going Mexico in July and sadly have decided to reschedule for next year because the cases in Cancun are apparently rising and the likelihood of it being a green traffic light country are slim .
Travelling to a Amber country just feels a lot of stress and faff tbh .

Got a great deal with the hotel to change it for jul 2022 only £290. However I dread to think what the lights will be when released in August , just checked for Easter 2022 and they are ridiculous .

Wondering if any other dibbers in here were due to go to Mexico ?
Does anyone think flight prices will stay this high for 2022 or are airlines trying their luck as they know people are desperate ?

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017

Edited at 10:40 AM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi I've booked a BA package so would need to reschdule the whole thing. We are due to go in August and don't know what I'll be doing. I booked the Maldives to hedge my bets and they have gone red! So, I may just hold out and see what happens nearer the time as I have until 3 weeks before departure to decide.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We were due to go last December and changed it to October this year for £50 per person. We knew we didn’t want to go then and as soon as booking dates opened we moved it to December this year for another £50 each but the price was still the same as the original. Looks like we won’t be going in December so have given up hope and will either change the booking to the Canaries or loose our deposit when the time comes to pay the balance. TBH our hotel has cameras on the pools etc and it looks just as crowded as when we went in 2019.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

I’m due to go on 29 May and only going there to stay for 15 days so I can enter USA and see my son and his family who I haven’t seem for 18 months.

At the moment BA are only flying once a week on Saturday’s

I’m staying in USA until beginning of July and hoping it’s green then 🤞

Edited at 05:52 PM.
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Hi I've booked a BA package so would need to reschdule the whole thing. We are due to go in August and don't know what I'll be doing. I booked the Maldives to hedge my bets and they have gone red! So, I may just hold out and see what happens nearer the time as I have until 3 weeks before departure to decide.
Will you go if amber ? We said we would at first but in reality it’s too much hassle and stress .
Rescheduled now for 2022

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by harber78 View Post
I’m due to go on 29 May and only going there to stay for 15 days so I can enter USA and see my son and his family who I haven’t seem for 18 months.

At the moment BA are only flying once a week on Saturday’s

I’m staying in USA until beginning of July and hoping it’s green then 🤞
Hope you get to go

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Old 19 May 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by paw View Post
We were due to go last December and changed it to October this year for £50 per person. We knew we didn’t want to go then and as soon as booking dates opened we moved it to December this year for another £50 each but the price was still the same as the original. Looks like we won’t be going in December so have given up hope and will either change the booking to the Canaries or loose our deposit when the time comes to pay the balance. TBH our hotel has cameras on the pools etc and it looks just as crowded as when we went in 2019.
Exactly that as well I have been following the hotel we are due to go to on Facebook and the USA visitors have been flocking there , think spring break has been part of why the cases are rosing there tbh.

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Old 19 May 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yogadeb View Post
Will you go if amber ? We said we would at first but in reality it’s too much hassle and stress .
Rescheduled now for 2022
Before I was definitely going on Amber, now I'm not so sure as the messaging is extremely mixed
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

We've booked a package with BA to go in October. Balance isn't due till mid August so going to hang on till then to decide what we're going to do. Hoping by then that they're in Green and if not will look to rearrange to somewhere in Europe maybe the Canaries. Anywhere as long as it's hot and there's no quarantining when we get back
Old 19 May 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Last year January, my friend asked us to come along to Mexico for this September 2021. We booked it then COVID and now we are not sure and think we move it to next year September 2022 We are with 6 couples and now we told them unlike to going this September as it is in Yellow can be Red.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 09:58 PM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List