Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 11 Jun 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
uk_mickey
Excited about Disney

OH DEAR what a joke Distressed Points from 2019

Just got off the phone with member services. I asked to book my home resort OKW using the extended to end May 2022 points. these points are from my OKW account due to 2 holidays being canceled last year, they tell me I cannot use them until the 7 month window as they have been transferred from the Riviera resort. I have no points at that resort so asked to speak to a manager, she said she spoke to her manager and they cannot change this decision.
I have 222 2019 pts +260 banked from 2020 total 482
I want to book OKW for 8 nights in a studio 11th May then a 2 bedroom at OKW for 11 nights total points 486
They said I can book USING MY 2020 AND 2021pts but not the distressed one's I can only book these at the 7 month window,. my problem is what if they do not have the accommodation I want at the 7 month window As I was going to bank my 2021 into 2022 so we can go in August I WILL NOT HAVE ENOUGH pts for my August trip.

Edited at 10:20 AM.
uk_mickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
How frustrating!

The only positive I can offer is that I have never known OKW to be booked at 7 months, so I don't think in normal times it would be an issue. However, with all the recent cancellations etc, who knows?

Can you use them at Riveria from 11 months (which would be strange if you don't own there)
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
uk_mickey
Excited about Disney

Yes we could book at 11 months but it is 47pts and 53 for the weekend standard view or 55pts and 67 for preferred view against OKW 2 bedroom 34pts and 38 so way more point than I have
uk_mickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Normally I’d be the first to have a go at DVC for poor behaviours but here I don’t think we can.
They have no obligation to do anything but it appears that they are giving away their developer points on Riviera. Whilst it isn’t all one way as your expired points will go to breakage maybe that they will get, it’s good they are doing something. I suspect other timeshares would be telling us to take a long walk off a short pier.
So I’d maybe just work with it, even if it means renting points etc.
Sorry to hear of the problems though.
Old 11 Jun 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Normally I’d be the first to have a go at DVC for poor behaviours but here I don’t think we can.
They have no obligation to do anything but it appears that they are giving away their developer points on Riviera. Whilst it isn’t all one way as your expired points will go to breakage maybe that they will get, it’s good they are doing something. I suspect other timeshares would be telling us to take a long walk off a short pier.
So I’d maybe just work with it, even if it means renting points etc.
Sorry to hear of the problems though.
Actually I disagree. Fair policy would be for everyone’s points to expire. But to implement a policy which clearly doesn’t work doesn’t help anyone.

When you cancel your points don’t appear back into your account until the next use year starts, so for Dec you could be blocked for using them for months a pond then when you do have access to them they expire 5 months later.

It’s a clear disadvantage to people who have late year UY as what availability will there be between Dec and May when they can actually use their points.

It’s either a level playing field or it’s not.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2

Edited at 07:51 PM.
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
uk_mickey
Excited about Disney

YorkshireT
I understand what you say but these were my points from my OKW contract that I paid my annual dues for, They cancelled my holiday by closing the resort so I was unable to stay there despite the fact I was in the USA at the time. The very poor communication continues as there was never a conversation telling me I would not be able book these points at the 11 month window, it just comes out of the blue and makes it difficult to plan
Old 12 Jun 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

That's weird, my distressed points seem to have been put back and used for my SSR booking then the points that had been used for that are now back in my account.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Huh - no I just checked as I was going to book for next year - yep, the points are Riviera. I'm not sure how I feel but I think SSR will have availability at 7 months and may actually be nice to do a split stay. Better than not having the option to use those points at all.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List