Notices

Old 2 May 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
We love the Keys. We haven't been back since we had kids.

We used to fly into Miami, spend a few nights there at the Beach, then head down to spend a while in Key West, via time in Key Largo.

Lovely relaxing and beautiful drive especially Seven Miles Bridge.

Happy memories!
walking the old Seven mile bridge as far as I could is one of the best things that I have ever done. We had a turtle swim right underneath us!

I first visited Key West as a 22 year old soldier on a sailing trip in 1982. I got absolutely slaughtered in the Green Parrot and once sober, got a very severe talking to.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:29 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
walking the old Seven mile bridge as far as I could is one of the best things that I have ever done. We had a turtle swim right underneath us!

I first visited Key West as a 22 year old soldier on a sailing trip in 1982. I got absolutely slaughtered in the Green Parrot and once sober, got a very severe talking to.
I remember a seafood platter at a timber restaurant mid Keys, sitting on a balcony eating and watching the pelicans. We also went to the aquarium nearby. Idyllic.
Old 9 May 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds like another great trip. Hope this one stays on plan.🙂
Following a Dibbers recommendation, in Monterey, we ate at Schooners restaurant. It was fab. We had a table overlooking the ocean & one of the best fish meals we’ve ever had. Sorry, it was back in 2009 so I can’t remember what we had but I did find an old photo:

disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Sounds like another great trip. Hope this one stays on plan.🙂
Following a Dibbers recommendation, in Monterey, we ate at Schooners restaurant. It was fab. We had a table overlooking the ocean & one of the best fish meals we’ve ever had. Sorry, it was back in 2009 so I can’t remember what we had but I did find an old photo:

I will go away and do some research!
I am always prepared to revise plans.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sijen View Post
Wow! Just found this! Looks amazing. I've seen your posts about the Keys. We were planing 2 weeks in Disney ( I'm not fed up of it yet!) then 7 days doing Miami and Keys next March. We are now thinking of the standard 2 weeks then home...
THEN back out for our 30th anniversary... in June... wondering about the last bit of the Route 66 trip ending in LA then flying to Miami for a week in the Keys... saving like mad!

Jen x
Blimey, you have money to burn!
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Too long since I was on the West Coast to comment on personal experience --- but your plan looks amazing!

Really hope you get there this summer and tell us all about it with lots of photos!

I wouldn't mind being on that balcony at the Lighthouse Suites right now.

I love driving around Canada and the USA. In Ontario, especially, I ended up in places I never would have heard of otherwise.

Top of my list at the moment are road trips around: -

Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin (ahhh to return to Mackinac Island)

British Columbia, Washington, Oregon

Un-to-me-explored areas of Florida, including a few days on Anna Maria or at the Keys.

Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, PEI (bit of a stretch for one trip, would have to include a train ride).

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Too long since I was on the West Coast to comment on personal experience --- but your plan looks amazing!

Really hope you get there this summer and tell us all about it with lots of photos!

I wouldn't mind being on that balcony at the Lighthouse Suites right now.

I love driving around Canada and the USA. In Ontario, especially, I ended up in places I never would have heard of otherwise.

Top of my list at the moment are road trips around: -

Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin (ahhh to return to Mackinac Island)

British Columbia, Washington, Oregon

Un-to-me-explored areas of Florida, including a few days on Anna Maria or at the Keys.

Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, PEI (bit of a stretch for one trip, would have to include a train ride).

Of all of those, the Keys for me. Quite simply the most incredible drive that I have ever done. (I bottled it on the Amalfi Coast in Italy after watching the idiocy of the Scooter Riders and caught the bus).

Old 16 Jul 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Well, the sun is shining, I am a mere month away from my vacation.. and I have received my cancellation note from BA... August of 2022 it is then!

Gutted, I think is the appropriate word as this Covid farce continues.

Old 16 Jul 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh no, its a horrible feeling, I think we will be cancelled as well, oh well here's to 2022 🤞
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Well, the sun is shining, I am a mere month away from my vacation.. and I have received my cancellation note from BA... August of 2022 it is then!

Gutted, I think is the appropriate word as this Covid farce continues.
Sorry cfb!

You've had loads of knock backs.

I hope that you get some R and R in beautiful Cornwall, and that next year goes ahead as planned.

Take care.