Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 1 May 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Unigirl
First POST

Hey Everyone

Hello There,

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself, I have been to Florida before but I know you are all savvy on here so hoping to maximise my stay and hopefully pick up some great Tips. We (my partner and I, no children as we don’t have them not because I am mean) we have booked for next year September as we thought booking this year was a little ambitious with Covid still be about and really didn’t relish the idea of wearing a mask in the heat around the parks, so hoped by next year the situation may well change (here’s hoping). We are staying at universal dockside for 14 nights flying with tui. I have booked our theme park tickets through attraction tickets direct and so far only universal, I am looking to buy Disney but wanted to get these paid off first ( did the £25 pp deposit option) and most definitely will book space Kennedy centre but I will wait until the last minute as I want to see if their is a launch whilst we are there which we would love to see.( partner is also a veteran so if anyone knows any places where I maybe able to get military discount that would be great he is UK veteran ( I know shades of green do not recognise UK Military already tried) So yeah that’s me and where we are going, long intro I know 🤣 so any tips you can give on shopping tickets transport etc please do let me know or point me in the right direction if you would be so kind.
Unigirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Hello and welcome 👋

There is loads of advice to be had on here that’s for sure!

Have fun planning. 👏🏼

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Hi there,
They still do tickets for SeaWorld and Busch gardens for UK veterans and their immediate dependants as far as I'm aware. But weve not been for 2 years so that may have changed.
Good thinking about KSC and waiting to see if there will be a launch. I saw an evening one many years ago, we didnt have the internet then ( 1990) so it was totally unexpected. We had just arrived at the hotel and wondered why so many people were stood in the car park just looking up. Got into the room put tv on and the countdown was on, so we ran back outside and watched it go.
I dont think they are open on a launch day because of security though so you may want to check that out

Edited at 08:49 AM.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello and welcome

We are also going next September but staying 14 night in Cabana Bay Universal and travelling with TUI.
We are also purchasing our tickets through ATD

We did the same with KSC last time we went but sadly for us there was no action but we still had an amazing time.

The Dibb is an amazing place ask as many questions that you need. There will always be someone around to help.

Happy planning
Old 8 May 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi and welcome to The Dibb
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Happy planning
Welcome to the Dibb
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List