Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jun 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by cheekytink View Post
We are also away for results day in Orlando, and my DS will get his by email at 8am GMT. So, and early morning that day for us - up at 3am!
I asked my son about getting them emailed but he wasn't sure if you could. I think he's worried about it affecting the holiday if he doesn't do as well as he hopes. He's predicted 9's in the subjects he needs for A level but he unfortunately had concussion 3 months ago which has affected his memory. It seems to have improved a lot recently and he found some of the exams easy (even had a 30 minute sleep in his maths exam!) so fingers crossed.
I'll ask him to ask about getting them emailed when he goes to sixth form induction week next week, he can always leave it unread if he decides against it.
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

We were in Florida for my DD’s GCSE results & they were emailed to her.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Finally finished here! Yay! At long last, they are both done, phew
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Jo 77 View Post
I asked my son about getting them emailed but he wasn't sure if you could. I think he's worried about it affecting the holiday if he doesn't do as well as he hopes. He's predicted 9's in the subjects he needs for A level but he unfortunately had concussion 3 months ago which has affected his memory. It seems to have improved a lot recently and he found some of the exams easy (even had a 30 minute sleep in his maths exam!) so fingers crossed.
I'll ask him to ask about getting them emailed when he goes to sixth form induction week next week, he can always leave it unread if he decides against it.
We had those discussions too, before we booked our trip.
I agreed with DS that if he didn't do as well as he hoped then he wouldn't have to deal with that immediately - wouldn't have to tell his friends etc as he won't be with them. There would be distraction that day too so he doesn't dwell..
If he does do well, we can facetime his friends etc and all is good.
It seemed the best of both worlds to be honest.
It just gives him time to absorb his results in privacy (albeit 3am) with me and DH. We both hated the thought of opening results at school in front of everyone!

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
DS has done nothing, hasn’t even got dressed today 🙄.
DD has a dance show this weekend, so has been rehearsing quite a lot for that. She did manage to cook a very tasty lamb casserole for dinner the other night. I think she wishes she hadn't, as I've told her she is in charge of all cooking now I know she can cook more than spag bol
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

My daughter casually mentioned that some people get money for GCSE results (so much for 9 etc). So I casually said how about £1 per point.

What are your thoughts on it, are you treating them, what’s the going rate.
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
My daughter casually mentioned that some people get money for GCSE results (so much for 9 etc). So I casually said how about £1 per point.

What are your thoughts on it, are you treating them, what’s the going rate.
I don't see anything wrong in treating them to a little reward for trying their best tho I don't know what the going rate would be tbh.

My parents have said they will treat my DS to some money once he gets his GCSE results (regardless of whether he gets high marks they are going to give him a financial reward for doing his best and they've discussed it with him already). He worked so hard with his studying and they wanted to reward him for this.

We will be in Florida when he gets his results anyway so I'm sure we'll treat him to something although I'm not sure what at the moment.
Old 2 Aug 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I told my daughter for every 4 and above she will get £10. For some reason between her and my husband it has become £10 for every grade above a 4! No idea how and where the money is coming from either.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

Mine has already been loaned £200 for when he bought his surface pro. If he gets the grades he’s capable of or better I won’t have it back otherwise he will owe me some or all of it

I can’t believe in 3 weeks time we will have results. I thought it would have dragged!
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I was discussing this with my husband earlier. Our daughter has not mentioned anything but then again she knows that she has had a fortune this year with a dance show (costumes were a scary cost!) school trip to Berlin and her prom.
We will definitely do something, maybe a pair of earrings but it won’t be too much. I will do a special meal and get my mum to do a fancy cake 🎂
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List