Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

View Poll Results: What would you vote in a new referendum?
I voted leave before and I would vote remain next time 62 6.98%
I voted leave and I would vote leave again 284 31.98%
I voted remain before and would vote leave next time 25 2.82%
I voted remain and would vote remain the next time 478 53.83%
I wouldn't vote 39 4.39%
Voters: 888. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28 Dec 18, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Why are they cheaper labour?

Why aren’t the jobs being filled? I don’t know the answer to that.
I’m sure if there were British people taking the jobs then no one would bother bussing people in from Poland.
I know a guy who owns a local bed making company, he employs poles, he pays them £7.40 a hour, he pays " brits " £9.50 ( ish ) when Brits move on, the jobs are taken by poles, he is saving £2.10 a hour, the poles do not moan about anything as they know they will be replaced

SO thats fairly evident they are employed due to being cheaper in cost and disposable ( which is a shame, they are being used just as much as the UK is being used to earn better money )

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
Nish Kumar did a piece on immigration for the Daily Mash earlier this year.

bbc/iplayer/episod...on-immigration

Now I know comedy is subjective, but the basis for his material was not. It was from a report by the Centre for Economic Performance published in 2016 which concluded that immigration had no impact on jobs or wages of UK workers, and no negative social impacts... Johnny Foreigner really isn't stealing our jobs.
Freedom of movement, freedom of labour basically means where labour is required, it is filled (from without if it cannot, or will not be filled from within).

And it's hardly new, or one way... Auf Wierdersehen, Pet, anyone?
I always laugh at these reports, of course the influx of labour means the UK has less jobs, look at the service industry, flooded with people who are happy to work for less money, part time jobs for students around here are very rare

hardly the same as AWP, they were very small numbers, reports say 75,000

Aprox 4 million EU citizens living in the UK, an estimated one million are Polish nationals
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BelfastFly View Post
This dangerous tone of yours continues. They aren't "them" or "immgrants" they are fellow EU citizens and migrants.

Actually, forget it. I'm just going to start reporting you.
Have I used the word immigrants ? ? ? it is not a word i often use, i have just searched this thread and it looks like i havent

" Them " we are talking about a group of people, as in the phrase " look at them over there " , nothing offensive about that
Old 28 Dec 18, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
I know a guy who owns a local bed making company, he employs poles, he pays them £7.40 a hour, he pays " brits " £9.50 ( ish ) when Brits move on, the jobs are taken by poles, he is saving £2.10 a hour, the poles do not moan about anything as they know they will be replaced

SO thats fairly evident they are employed due to being cheaper in cost and disposable ( which is a shame, they are being used just as much as the UK is being used to earn better money )

I always laugh at these reports, of course the influx of labour means the UK has less jobs, look at the service industry, flooded with people who are happy to work for less money, part time jobs for students around here are very rare

hardly the same as AWP, they were very small numbers, reports say 75,000

Aprox 4 million EU citizens living in the UK, an estimated one million are Polish nationals
You see, I'm a layman with regards to medicine, for example... Which means I trust my doctor to diagnose any ailments I consider serious (yes, I Google, but that only takes one so far).

Similarly, I'm a layman with regards to economics and labour... So I trust independent reports more, than say, the headlines in a tabloid.

So perhaps you could explain to me how you're not a layman and can critically assess the report dear old Nish was referencing in his piece... Are you, for example, more qualified than the authors?
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Aprox 4 million EU citizens living in the UK, an estimated one million are Polish nationals[/QUOTE]

And your problem is what with that? They are legally allowed to be here. After the Second World War a large number of Polish people stayed in this country and helped become the nation we are today. Frankly, I disagree with your view points. You appear to be demonizing a group of people because they happen to have been born somewhere different from you.

I find your opinion to be sad, backward and the part of the problem. I believe the people who have come to this country to try to better their lives and the lives of their families to have more value than you.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
And your problem is what with that? They are legally allowed to be here. After the Second World War a large number of Polish people stayed in this country and helped become the nation we are today. Frankly, I disagree with your view points. You appear to be demonizing a group of people because they happen to have been born somewhere different from you.

I find your opinion to be sad, backward and the part of the problem. I believe the people who have come to this country to try to better their lives and the lives of their families to have more value than you.[/QUOTE]

For the record, I have some good friends who are Polish, We are having a meal next weekend together
So I am afraid you are wide of the mark with I am Demonizing anyone

What i am saying is that i believe we should have some border control in place and not a free for all with who comes in from the EU

My Value, who are you to decide that ? ? ?
Closed Thread