Old 24 Jun 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
So no overnight stay for the Express passes. You've probably mentioned the tickets before but I've not been paying full attention. I'm all up to date now. Looking forward to seeing what your picks are for snacks and QS at HS as I find that really hard at the moment.
Yes DHS is a difficult one. I need to spend some time researching!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I give up, the poor Wave. I feel like it is heading for a mighty fall when you finally get there, it's never going to live up to the hype now.

Epcot on a Saturday sounds ominous, maybe if you stick to Future World it won't be so bad?

Loved reading your food plans, I always feel guilty about all the food I plan to eat and miss out on so it is comforting to know I'm not the only one who finds must-do snacks alluding them.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I give up, the poor Wave. I feel like it is heading for a mighty fall when you finally get there, it's never going to live up to the hype now.

Epcot on a Saturday sounds ominous, maybe if you stick to Future World it won't be so bad?

Loved reading your food plans, I always feel guilty about all the food I plan to eat and miss out on so it is comforting to know I'm not the only one who finds must-do snacks alluding them.
I think the problem this year is that The Wave needs to be OOP whereas BoG is a QS credit. I do really want to go though so maybe we’ll surprise you!

I think we probably will just do the rides at Epcot then head back to CSR for a lazy day. As I said to Marie, Epcot is the kind of park you pop into of an evening so I’m sure we’ll get plenty of Food & Wine snacks!

The problem I find with having a list of snacks is that we’re never near the places that sells them when we’re ready for a snack!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I will get back to the food chat, I promise, but in the meantime we’ve bought a couple of things for our trip.
I don’t have one of these for home as I don’t really need one but after availing ourselves of the free iced water last year (the first time in 20 odd years of visiting!) I decided these would be much more environmentally friendly.

I can’t find Marie’s but hers is turquoise.

And in the continued spirit of protecting the environment Marie bought us these

(Reusable straw for anyone who hadn’t figured it out )
We already had a selection of these

but they’re very wide. Suitable for slushies though where paper straws just don’t work .

These are the small things that get me excited about my holiday .

Trip Report Index
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Getting to the food in a minute, honestly . I wanted to show you my MB skins. Bit of a story to this one. I ordered this MB skin prior to the release of the upgraded MBs

Then when the new ones were released we got caught up in the excitement and Marie ordered the Dole Whip one

I ordered the lovely Castle one.

We then get the email saying one or more of our bands is out of stock and we’d get a plain grey one plus the discount code to buy a MB. I had to contact Disney to ask which one. Of course I knew deep down it would be mine . I wasn’t overly upset though because my lovely Star Trek Discovery skin would go fine on a grey band.
Eventually the correct bands have shown in MDE however mine still shows a purple band which is what I had chosen originally. So I decided to order this create your own skin.

I’m a huge Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/Sebastian Stan fan and obviously you can’t buy a MB with him on it so I made my own (plus some Captain America for good measure).

Whichever colour band I end up with I’ll put my new Bucky/Cap skin on my purple band from last year and my Star Trek skin on my new band. The good thing about skins is that you can create whatever you want rather than being restricted to what Disney have on offer. Although the Disney ones do look better.

Trip Report Index
Old 25 Jun 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hollwood Studios

As Goldia pointed out, DHS is not the first place you think of when thinking about snacks. In fact we struggle with decent QS there and always end up at Backlot Express. I have seen one thing that I definitely want to get the Jack Jack Num Num cookie.

Although this is a picture from Disneyland and the picture from DHS doesn't look quite as chocolaty

I'm still totally getting it although it's just taken me about 15 minutes to figure out where they are!

I also saw this on Disney Food Blog (where most of my pictures have come from).

Look at all the snack credit symbols!

For meals if we get into Galaxy's Edge I think I'd like to try Ronto Roasters as I think this looks good.

We also have ABC Commissary booked for one night and I'm not sure what I'll end up with here. The most recent DFB review I can find is a few months old and the menu looks different so we'll need to see.

Trip Report Index
Old 25 Jun 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Magic Kingdom

I’ve already touched on MK and places we’ll eat. Liberty Tree Tavern is a favourite of ours and and ADR that so far has survived any tinkering. We also have Be Our Guest booked for both breakfast and lunch. Lunch is mainly so I can have this guy

I know the “grey stuff” is a bit overrated but I love it and I love this cupcake!

As for other meals, we like most of the QS places in MK. Pecos Bill is pretty good and gets us away from the burger and fries. On previous trips I’ve gone for the fajitas or tacos and Marie the nachos (beef). I always struggle to choose though as the menu is so good!

Some pics of our previous food

Snack wise we’ll most definitely get Dole Whip. I prefer a vanilla/pineapple swirl float

Marie just goes for full on pineapple

We also like a Le Fous Brew

We don’t tend to eat a lot of sweets or cakes in MK for some reason but I definitely have my eye on this!

I suspect it’ll be purchased to eat later though! For several days!
These are available at both the Lunching Pad and Cheshire Cafe where you can also buy this that I would like to try.

Trip Report Index
Old 25 Jun 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Epcot

I was going to leave Epcot as the Food & Wine booth menus haven’t been released yet however there’s a few items I expect to be there this year plus the odd other thing that’s separate to the F&W festival.

Previous items we’ve enjoyed

The filet mignon and cheddar cheese soup from Canada

Baklava from Morocco

Hoisin Duck from China

Braised Beef from Belgium

Hopefully we’ll do some eating round the world like we have the past couple of trips.

I also need a trip to Sunshine Seasons for the Strawberry Shortcake!

And maybe hunt down one of these

Trip Report Index
Old 25 Jun 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Disney Springs

This is where it gets interesting for us. We’ve been trying and failing to eat at some of the new QS places here, only managing The Daily Poutine

Marie will make me go there again and as much as an love this I do want to try somewhere else.

D-Luxe Burger

Blaze Pizza (although too much choice!)

Chicken Guy where I was just thinking burger

But then I saw these on Disney Food Blog!
Mac n cheese loaded fries

Loaded mac n cheese

I also like the look of Polite Pig and Wolfgang Pucks Express is an old favourite for the meatloaf

Trip Report Index
Old 25 Jun 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Resorts

I’ve already mentioned CSR where I expect we’ll eat a few times due to convenience. We do also have a reservation at The Yachtsman for what is now one of our Dolphin nights. It’s a favourite of ours and we didn’t manage last year.

Love these! Onions rolls served with roasted garlic! So smelly!

We’ll be paying OOP and preciously on DDP we’ve subbed dessert for the lobster bisque. I think we may splash out and get it this time too.

Marie really likes the truffle mac n cheese although I didn’t enjoy it as much last time we had it.

I would really love to get the Porterhouse for 2 but I doubt Marie will go for it.

I had it the year we went with Mum & Dad.

Of course it’s $130 according to the Disney website .

We’ll also be popping over to the Boardwalk while at the Dolphin to get some more ice cream from Ample Hills .

I doubt we’ll eat much in the Dolphin as with having QSDP we’re more likely to pop to one of the Disney resorts nearby however we did really enjoy our breakfast at Fresh! Mediterranean Market.

This was expensive but nice. It may be difficult to fit in however with trying to get to both DHS and Epcot early.

Trip Report Index