Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 06, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

Grumpy old Dibber thread...

.. right, its that time of year again... pet hate number one: morons who use their front (and/or rear) fog lamps when it's not foggy! :angry:

Please be advised: it doesn't look cool, and it *%@#$X* blinds people! Oh, and I believe it's a motoring offence too.

While I'm at it - incorrect number plate spacing on 'cheap' vanity plates. Pathetic. And that definitely is an offence... if you can't afford 'MIKE J' then please don't offend our intellects by trying to convince us 'M111KE J' is anything like it! You know who you are! Book the lot of them, boys and girls in blue!.

That's better! Anyone else?

Mike
Mike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 06, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post

I am not quite as grumpy as you mike!But DH going to work this morning and because my 2 eldest DDs have upset him I do not get a goodbye.What have I done?Yes I feel better now!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 06, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by Mike
That's better! Anyone else?

Mike
And while you are at it - GET RID of those Baby on Board stickers - what EXACTLY is your point - oh that's it - You are fertile, Congratulations!
The baby is not always in the car is it? So don't give me any cock and bull story about "if I'm in an accident and knocked out, the rescue services will know there is a baby still in the car" - ERRRR WHAT? So a fireman could risk his life trying to rescue a non-existent baby if it's not there
AND strap your kids in when you pick them up from school - DO NOT let them stand between the two front seats or jump up and down on the back one, sticking their tongues out at the driver behind - unless of course you like children as flying (and probably) dead missiles:angry:

Phew!
Thanks for that Mike - feel much better now

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 06, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

Bet you feel better having got that off your chest Mike

It's amazed me the number of people I have seen without any lights on at all, coming out of the car park at work last night at 8pm I followed one and had to keep flashing him until he put them on, I then called at the petrol station on the way home and followed another one out of there. (must add they were men on both occasions )
Old 15 Nov 06, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

All motoring offences. Screetching tyres down residential street whilst speaking on the mobile:angry: and while waiting for my youngest DS to leave his karate lesson last night I sat in the carpark where two young teenage girls parked in front of me and kept opening the door and spitting on the floor

Add to these all anti social behaviour and disregard for other peoples feeling including bad language in the street.

Edited at 10:14 AM.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 06, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Good one Sue I just walked in the road with my pushchair to avoid a car parked on the path with twins on board sign in their car!They would moan if they could not get their double pushchair past then why should me and my daughter walk in the road.God I am more grumpy than I thought this morning!
Old 15 Nov 06, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

That's it, peepul, I heeyah your pain! Come on, all together now, get it out, you'll feel much better!
Mike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 06, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
panpant
Apprentice Imagineer

Mike,

I'll second you on the number plate bugbear. I loathe those cheap plates with italic style writing, i thought they weren't legal?

Greg

Here's to you Pops...
panpant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 06, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Indicators are to 'indicate' where you are going next for the benefit of other traffic users so why does no-one use them I am not a driver but even I get really angry as a passenger when the car driver on a round -about assumes you know where he is going:angry:
Old 15 Nov 06, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

Originally Posted by panpant
Mike,

I'll second you on the number plate bugbear. I loathe those cheap plates with italic style writing, i thought they weren't legal?

Greg
.. they're not legal, Greg. I'd completely support an operation to prosecute anyone with dodgy plates, spacing or fonts.
Closed Thread