Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Dec 11, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

I try and avoid the shops this time of year. DS went into JD and bought a jacket on Tuesday, came out and saw someone with it on and didn't like it, but they weren't doing refunds or exchanges.

Certainly don't understand why they wouldn't have changing rooms open - this can only increase sales, so surely worth getting an extra couple of staff in.
Old 29 Dec 11, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Went furniture shopping yesterday, hoping for a bargain sofa bed.

However, the prices were the same as pre-Christmas! The only thing that had changed were the big SALE banners outside! And yet pre-Christmas the shop was empty and now there were a lot of people in there and a lot of money being spent...

I'm sure there are a lot of bargains to be had (especially for items where the "true" price is well established like books etc), but I do wonder sometimes whether people just get taken in by the sale hype!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 11, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dawnjess
Imagineer

next fitting rooms are always shut too when sales are on
dawnjess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 11, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We took our son to Heathrow yesterday and thought we would stop off at Bluewater on the way home for lunch and some sales shopping after driving round the car parks for 30 minutes trying to park we gave up and went home so no bargains for us although I did want to change an item in Marks and Spencer
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 11, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Our 2 shopping centres have been jumping for the past couple of days, only thin I have bought is Xmas cards and some wrapping paper. None of the sales are up to much but will go next week when DS is back at school for a good look.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 11, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I went to a small shoppimg centre today just to got to boots, hobbycraft and next. I got some next vouchers for christmas and there was only tatt left in the sale so I picked up two new items and there was two tills open with people bringing back all the stuff they bought in the sale. They had bags of the stuff so i had to queue for 20 minutes while they returned all their items. In cliton yesterday the sales assistant tied to short change me a tenner, I knew I gave her a 20 pound note as I only had £25 in my purse but she said no it was a £10 note, I told her to check again and she opened the till and then said sorry it was a 20!
Old 30 Dec 11, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread