Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jul 15, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Erin Condren v's Personal Planners

Hi Guys

So, following on from the planners thread (which I totally took over - apologies), I think I have narrowed my choices down to either Erin Condren or Personal Planner.

Now, I'm completely in love with the Erin one, but it's $65 as opposed to the £20 for the Personal Planners one (which I obviously like, but am not as in love with).

Is there a reason for such a massive price difference? As in, is there something about the Erin Condren that makes it worth paying the extra for? I'm probably going to end up decorating the pages anyway (or at least it will start that way). Is there a planner out there that's maybe between the 2, or are there ever any discoun codes available?

Any help or advice is very welcome!

Thanks in Advance

Gill xx
Old 4 Jul 15, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I was silent stalker on the previous planner thread, I didn't comment but it grabbed my attention.

I love crafts and and planning... It was like my dream combination!

I have ordered an Erin Condren planner, one of the new platinum ones in pink. I know it's expensive and I did look at cheaper options but I know I would never be 100% happy with the cheaper one and I would end up buying an Enrin Condren one in the end!

I have been watching you tube videos all weekend on how to decorate them. I went to our local Hobby Craft and they had a full aisle dedicated to planning! I was in heaven!

I got lots and lots of bits and washi tape... I love how Belinda Selene decorated hers, so I have lots of ideas to start with.

Follow your heart, it is expensive but you will have it for 18 months and as my Husband says... Buy cheap, buy twice! 😉
2014 - Beauty & the Beast take the Chips & Co on a Mickey Adventure
2015 - Beauty & The Beasts Fairy Tale Farewell
2017 - Coming Soon

cintabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Omg, just found this thread and I want one!

Can it be ordered from the official site and sent to a U.S. hotel does anyone know?
Many Happy Returns INDEX - May/June 2023
Disneyloverz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks guys!

One of the reasons I want to get back into planning/diary is because my spending is getting ridiculous so it'll help me budget - I think that's what kind of puts me off getting the dearer one!

I will admit though, Belinda Seline has a lot to answer for! I'm obsessed with her videos and I'll probably spend another fortune on decorating stuff - I had no idea that Hobbycraft did stuff though, I've been obsessing over stuff on etsy.

I may just have to bite the bullet and treat myself, do you mind me asking how much it worked out to in sterling after the conversion?

Xx
Old 4 Jul 15, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyloverz View Post
Omg, just found this thread and I want one!

Can it be ordered from the official site and sent to a U.S. hotel does anyone know?
I believe people on here have done this already yes x
Old 4 Jul 15, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Thanks guys!

One of the reasons I want to get back into planning/diary is because my spending is getting ridiculous so it'll help me budget - I think that's what kind of puts me off getting the dearer one!

I will admit though, Belinda Seline has a lot to answer for! I'm obsessed with her videos and I'll probably spend another fortune on decorating stuff - I had no idea that Hobbycraft did stuff though, I've been obsessing over stuff on etsy.

I may just have to bite the bullet and treat myself, do you mind me asking how much it worked out to in sterling after the conversion?

Xx

This is really bad but I don't know what the sterling amount was, I haven't checked my credit card statement yet. I know the foil ones were slightly more at $65 and shipping was expensive at $20, so definitely worth shipping to a USA hotel. (I was just impatient)

It is very expensive and like you, I looked at all other options first but I kept going back to the Erin Condren one. Especially after watching you tube videos of other makes, they just didn't look as good.

Like I said to Hubby, it's more of a Hobby that just a diary! It will work out approx £50, so for 18 months, I think pretty cheap hobby! Lol

I also went crazy looking at all the different things on Esty and I was so surprised with the selection at Hobby Craft. I even got a pack of the Project Life cards that Belinda attaches to each week of her planner! And some Princess stuff! I have a Pre trippie on the go, have a peek, I just updated it with pictures of my Hobby Craft buys. I am going to give myself £10 a month for washi tape etc!

I just have to wait til the end of July for it to be shipped though!

I will also be using mine for budgets, weight loss and excercise, including meal plans!

I have a feeling mine will look very similar to Belinda's... I even screen shot some of her designs!

Treat yourself... What other Hobby can you do for less than £50 for the year. (I am well practised at justifying the cost to hubby! Lol) xx
2014 - Beauty & the Beast take the Chips & Co on a Mickey Adventure
2015 - Beauty & The Beasts Fairy Tale Farewell
2017 - Coming Soon

cintabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

An I'm off to read your trippie and nosey at your buys!

Sadly we've no holiday plans so I would have to pay for the shopping

Another dinner recommended a Facebook group to me called "nothing but washy", which is an American lady who orders in bulk then ships to you so you apparently get a very good discount. I haven't ordered yet, but the other dibber has if you want to check it out?

I'll look at some of the other YouTube vids of the different planners, I have obviously fallen in love with the personalised one with the gold on - couldn't be the $20 cheaper not that's ready to ship could it!

X
Old 4 Jul 15, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
angel81uk
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
The erin condren planners are more expensive, but I found that spending the extra made me more determined to actually use it to make sure it wasn't a waste of money. I bought my first one last year and it's the only planner/diary that I've used consistently for over 12 months. Infact, I liked it so much I've ordered two this year, one horizontal and one vertical and plan to open an etsy shop to sell stickers!
10 Nights SSR October 2016
angel81uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Oh my days Jacinta, I can't believe how much planner stuff you've bought already! I love it though, I hope my local Hobbycraft (Warrington) has all that stuff in!

Xx
Old 4 Jul 15, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by angel81uk View Post
The erin condren planners are more expensive, but I found that spending the extra made me more determined to actually use it to make sure it wasn't a waste of money. I bought my first one last year and it's the only planner/diary that I've used consistently for over 12 months. Infact, I liked it so much I've ordered two this year, one horizontal and one vertical and plan to open an etsy shop to sell stickers!
Angel can you please PM me as soon as your shop is up and running? I'm pretty certain that I'm going to end up with the Erin one, it's just being brave enough to press the order button ha ha

X