Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 20 May 16, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Terrible customer service. Do not aced it OP. Let us know how you get on x

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If they are slow to reply or you do not get what you should ie a fair offer - post on their Facebook & Twitter pages. That seems to get responses. When you phone always ask for a manager/supervisor, make a note of name, time & date. Good luck, pls let us know how you get on
Old 20 May 16, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Don't accept the £1000. Stamp your feet and demand the dining plan I would go absolutely MENTAL
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by conaldo81 View Post
Only that they were changing over systems when we first booked it so it wasnt picked up but bearing in mind we booked it June 2015 not sure why it wasn't noticed before. What about missing out on the convenience of having it etc
I personally would call Disney now.

Can I please buy DDP we arrive in 4 days whats the cost?

Disney say £####

You call Thomson back and tell them that's what you want.

Fair and reasonable.

Also if you don't have that arranged and in Place by Noon tomorrow - you will be forced to buy it your self and then file a Moneyclaim online suit against them

pm
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

also dash a call and email of here:

Thomson Holidays

Mr David Burling Managing Director

Email david.burling@thomson.co.uk
Telephone 01293 645700
Switchboard 01293 645700
Fax 01293 645704
Website thomson
Social Media T

Postal Address Tui Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QLM
Company Number 02830117C
Company Status Active (Established 24/06/1993)
See also
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

PappaMouse has got it. Regardless of whether they sort it still write or call the MD. This is completely unacceptable.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Never stayed onsite, but if Thomson originally booked you with a Disney Dining Plan, it should be showing in MDE - not least so you can make reservations should you want to.

Any issue with Thomsons' IT system is irrelevant. If you have DDP showing in MDE or on your holiday invoice [ideally both], then its their [Thomsons] problem to sort out.

If Thomson can't or won't sort this out before departure & it shows on your invoice, then just eat as you would have done on the DDP and keep all receipts. OK, it will cost you, but when you get home, issue a claim through Money Claim Online (the Small Claims Court). If you have an official invoice on Thomson letterhead showing DDP they have no chance of winning the case.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by misterh View Post
As said go back to them. I'd repeat the following lines:
"I booked DDP and paid for it."
"I understand your computer systems were xxxxxx and that must be a problem for you"
"It is not my problem. It is your problem"
(rinse and repeat as necessary)

What you need to do is speak to someone who can help you, and call centres seem to be full of "traps" to ensure that doesn't happen. Call in normal work hours and tell them they are in breach of contract that could leave them with a bill/claim of several thousands of pounds. Hopefully this will get you to speak to whom you need to get the issue resolved.
THIS IS EXACT THE THING THAT INFURATES ME

They have cocked up

they are calling you to pass on the problem - then wash their hands of it.

IT IS THEIR PROBLEM - not yours - THEREFORE THEY NEED TO COME UP WITH THE SOLUTION - not you

unless you are happy to receive £XXXX in comp.
Old 20 May 16, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Come on OP let us know whats going on

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

PS we have qsdp 2A 3K

at time of booking it was listed as £1750 worth of free food (ddp was £2550)

I have booked 8 adrs on top of the ddp and distrip planner says we will spend over $1000 on oop meals, tips etc

Id be looking for at least £2550 (plus $200 spending money, plus £169 for the free MM - if they system failure has lost these too... )

THE ONLY REASON WE BOOKED ONSITE (and Im sure you were the same op) was that cbr came in at £3500 for 21 nights MINUS £1750 of free food - meant that 3 weeks onsite was (in theory) under £1k

If the meanplan wasn't there we would NOT have booked...

Repeat this to Thomsons - I'd now be claiming for the whole holiday

Edited at 04:08 PM.
Closed Thread