Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 7 May 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
What date are you going, I'll get the FB group for you.

Although the ship is cashless, you may wish to tip room service in cash if you have it (it's the norm).

Norway is expensive - like really expensive so be prepared. It was something like £11 for a pint of lager when we went in 2016 (I think it was 2016 anyway!)

Joa
Old 7 May 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
What date are you going, I'll get the FB group for you.

Although the ship is cashless, you may wish to tip room service in cash if you have it (it's the norm).

Norway is expensive - like really expensive so be prepared. It was something like £11 for a pint of lager when we went in 2016 (I think it was 2016 anyway!)

Joa
Thank you for the info we leave Dover on the 25th of August.

We didn't give cash for tips on our 4 night Dream cruise. It went on the bill. Was that the wrong thing to do?

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JazzyC
Looking for my Ears

I am an Admin for the Facebook group for the August 25th Sailing. I am not allowed to post links here, but the group is called - Disney Magic August 25, 2019 Norwegian Fjords Cruise - so hopefully you can find us.

We are a friendly group and lots of people are trying to plan what to do it the ports right now. Hope to see you there.
Claire

Edited to add -- for me the Path of the Trolls is something I am most looking forward to (in Alesund) we hope to book a Disney Port Adventure -- but if we cannot then we might hire a car and do it ourselves. I feel like you can just explore the town in Geiranger and Stavanger on your own -- not sure there is enough in Olden for that. I have not been before -- this is just based on my research so far.

Edited at 03:14 PM.
JazzyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JazzyC View Post
I am an Admin for the Facebook group for the August 25th Sailing. I am not allowed to post links here, but the group is called - Disney Magic August 25, 2019 Norwegian Fjords Cruise - so hopefully you can find us.

We are a friendly group and lots of people are trying to plan what to do it the ports right now. Hope to see you there.
Claire

Edited to add -- for me the Path of the Trolls is something I am most looking forward to (in Alesund) we hope to book a Disney Port Adventure -- but if we cannot then we might hire a car and do it ourselves. I feel like you can just explore the town in Geiranger and Stavanger on your own -- not sure there is enough in Olden for that. I have not been before -- this is just based on my research so far.
Thank you so much I have asked to join the group. I searched for so many things and nothing was coming up lol.

I will have to look into the Path of the Trolls. We have to make sure whatever we do will suit our son as he has autism. We don't want to push him too much!

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
We have a US card to pay the dollar part. Did you have a special carder the Norwegian part? Or just your normal cards?
I just used my normal card. We didn’t actually spend a lot of money in Norway so it didn’t add up to a lot of charges.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Olden is quite a small village. There is a small train around the town and there are some shops but it’s definitely not a big place.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Hi Claire, I’m Leah, thank you for the group! (I recently joined

Disneybride - you’ll see on the group I mentioned that we booked loen skylift through visitnorway I think it was, you get a shuttle bus from the port and the skylift. Not cheap but cheaper than elsewhere and it’s not available via Disney as far as I can see and it doesn’t take too long so no stressing about how long you may be on the trip.
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List