Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Aug 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Finn family View Post
Wow that's so impressive that you've managed to stick under your budget. Really enjoyed reading your food report
I really do think it makes a big difference which day you attend restaurants and which servers you have. We personally LOVE Millers Ale House and have never had a bad experience. We also love IHOP and dislike Denny's due to previous bad experiences. We went to Outback a few times, found the food good but the servers were always trying to rush us. Might have to try Longhorns as that look fab!

Thanks for sharing
I was really surprised we managed it. We honestly didn't feel like we were watching what we were spent, we ate what we wanted when we wanted.

I think we would probably give them a chance again but it would be after the ones we enjoyed.

Definitely try Longhorns you won't regret it, thank you for reading x

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Great round up, thanks for taking the time to share.
Thanks for reading Lisa x

Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
Thank you for sharing! I have picked up a few tips along the way! plus a few places have been added to my ever growing list!
Thank you for reading, I'm glad you've managed to take a few hints and tips. I know what you mean about the ever growing list ... mine's the same xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just come across this food report and read it all the way through! I’ve added so many ideas to my list! It’s great to hear you can do Orlando on a budget. I’m trying to sort ours out for our trip and this is very encouraging.
You mention a lot of sign ups for vouchers - when would you say is the best time to sign up for these? Also is it worth having a birthday and do they check?!
Sorry for resurrecting an old report!
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
I’ve just come across this food report and read it all the way through! I’ve added so many ideas to my list! It’s great to hear you can do Orlando on a budget. I’m trying to sort ours out for our trip and this is very encouraging.
You mention a lot of sign ups for vouchers - when would you say is the best time to sign up for these? Also is it worth having a birthday and do they check?!
Sorry for resurrecting an old report!
Hi thanks for reading 😊 no need to apologise that's what the reports for I'm glad you've found it helpful.

I would leave the sign ups till the day before you leave as most vouchers only last 14 days but be aware that some will take them on your phone so you could sign up when your there. I think olive garden and Dennys take them on your phone.

We were never asked for proof of birthday so I honestly wouldn't worry about it 😊

I thought we'd be panicking worrying about our spends but honestly we didn't and we never went without either. I hope you have a fab time, how long are you going for? Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Hi thanks for reading 😊 no need to apologise that's what the reports for I'm glad you've found it helpful.

I would leave the sign ups till the day before you leave as most vouchers only last 14 days but be aware that some will take them on your phone so you could sign up when your there. I think olive garden and Dennys take them on your phone.

We were never asked for proof of birthday so I honestly wouldn't worry about it 😊

I thought we'd be panicking worrying about our spends but honestly we didn't and we never went without either. I hope you have a fab time, how long are you going for? Xx
Thanks Caitlinsmummy - we are going for two weeks so those vouchers will do us! We won’t have a car so will be relying on public transport, free shuttles and Uber/lynx. We’re staying on international drive though (Floridays) for 10 nights so transportation should be easy enough. We’ll need a few budget meals to balance things out too as we’re staying onsite at Universal (RPR) for our first four nights.
We’re a family of four - but our son is 15 and we struggle to keep him fed! Our daughter is 11 and she normally eats like a bird - unless we are eating out when I swear she becomes possessed by some eating monster! At least if we can add some of the cheaper places you’ve mentioned to our plans we have a chance of keeping them fed and staying in budget!
Thanks again 😉

Edited at 08:37 AM.
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
Thanks Caitlinsmummy - we are going for two weeks so those vouchers will do us! We won’t have a car so will be relying on public transport, free shuttles and Uber/lynx. We’re staying on international drive though (Floridays) for 10 nights so transportation should be easy enough. We’ll need a few budget meals to balance things out too as we’re staying onsite at Universal (RPR) for our first four nights.
We’re a family of four - but our son is 15 and we struggle to keep him fed! Our daughter is 11 and she normally eats like a bird - unless we are eating out when I swear she becomes possessed by some eating monster! At least if we can add some of the cheaper places you’ve mentioned to our plans we have a chance of keeping them fed and staying in budget!
Thanks again 😉
Ahh yeah you should be fine

We looked at Floridays for May next year I love the fact they're apartments. Have you thought about getting a couple of Landry's cards. They're reward cards that can be used in certain restaurants. You pay $25 to sign up and get that back as a welcome bonus. If you set your birthday month to coincide with your trip you can also get a $25 birthday bonus. You can't use both rewards together but OH and I got a card each and split the bill and used the a $25 reward each which wasn't a problem. We ate at Bubba Gumps on Citywalk and really enjoyed it.

I think the overall total after the $50 discount was around $35, that was for 2 adults, 3 children, drinks and a dessert It's in my October 2018 report

I wish ours were like that, they're so picky, although Thomas isn't too bad, but the other 2 are terrible Yours certainly won't go hungry in Florida that's for sure I hope you have a great time Xx
Old 7 Nov 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I had seen mention of a Landrys card somewhere else and it’s on my list to look up what restaurants are covered. It’s good to know about the birthday discount, and that there are restaurants in Citywalk that accept it.
We are lucky that our children eat well, at least we won’t be worried like you were with Noah at the cinema. Poor kid! The youngest would generally happily eat from the starter menu as mains, although she is starting to pull a face at the suggestion of a children’s meal. We’ll have to see how it goes.
I’m really looking forward to our Floridays stay. I do like the space as it suits our family really well. And I like the full kitchen so we can cook if we’ve overspent! Well, at least that’s the idea but I can’t really see us actually cooking on holiday 😂
Thanks for all of your help Caitlinsmummy. It’s really useful as a first timer!
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

If you take a look on here

landrysselect/locations/

it tells you where you can use it 😊 in May we plan to use it at TREX and Yak N Yeti (Animal Kingdom)

It's nice to have the option of cooking a meal though if you do want to haha.

No problem at all, if you have any questions just let me know ❤️ xx
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

I didn't realise that you could add stuff to the Milkshakes at Steak n Shake. I don't know whether to tell Elaine, she will want to go every day!
Old 8 Nov 19, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
If you take a look on here

landrysselect/locations/

it tells you where you can use it 😊 in May we plan to use it at TREX and Yak N Yeti (Animal Kingdom)

It's nice to have the option of cooking a meal though if you do want to haha.

No problem at all, if you have any questions just let me know ❤️ xx
Yeah I had a look on there and we’d use it at Bubba Gumps. Yak and Yeti is a possibility but I was planning on Satu’li when in AK and as this park shuts early I’m not sure we’d have time to fit in both! I’ll have a look nearer the time and see how our plans/fps are looking as that’ll determine how many visits we’r making to AK and might make Yak & Yeti doable
Thanks