Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Jun 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you all for your suggestions!
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Vista Cay is top notch, very close to upmarket end of International Drive where a lot of nice restaurants are, a nice path around a lake, and good pools. Also a Publix and NYPD Pizza directly outside the gate you can walk to. I stay onsite mostly these days, but I’d pick this place every time, and I’ve stayed in maybe a dozen or more condos and villas around the Orlando area.
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia Organa
Excited about Disney

Last trip we stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Loved the spacious accommodation and pools.
Leia Organa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
BahamaBayLisa
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 10
Bahama bay every time, but then I'm biased!

Got 4 pool areas, kiddies splash pad and a beach area. Lots of space and only a short drive to WDW especially if you take the short cuts.

** DIBB advert ** Personal website **
Discounted Rates for DIBBers - please just ask!
BahamaBayLisa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by BahamaBayLisa View Post
Bahama bay every time, but then I'm biased!

Got 4 pool areas, kiddies splash pad and a beach area. Lots of space and only a short drive to WDW especially if you take the short cuts.
I love the look of Bahama Bay, the space, building style, nature trails - but it looks very peaceful and quiet. If it were just me and my husband I’d stay there for sure but I’d like our son to have children to play with and on photos the pools are always deserted. Are there kids there in the August school holidays Lisa, especially the afternoons?
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Always been lots of noise from children in the splash pad when we've passed.
Stayed in one of Lisa's condos twice - can highly recommend.
Lovely resort

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We loved cypress pointe resort, had a lovely 3 bed condo and the location was great, most nights we walked to different reastaurants.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
BahamaBayLisa
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by AhoyShipmates View Post
I love the look of Bahama Bay, the space, building style, nature trails - but it looks very peaceful and quiet. If it were just me and my husband I’d stay there for sure but I’d like our son to have children to play with and on photos the pools are always deserted. Are there kids there in the August school holidays Lisa, especially the afternoons?
I believe so. Whilst we aren't normally at BB during the school holidays, I believe there are often kids about, especially at the larger clubhouse and Tradewinds pools - not to mention the splash pad.

** DIBB advert ** Personal website **
Discounted Rates for DIBBers - please just ask!
BahamaBayLisa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We loved cypress pointe resort, had a lovely 3 bed condo and the location was great, most nights we walked to different reastaurants.
Is Cypress Pointe quite dated ?

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by mariechez View Post
Is Cypress Pointe quite dated ?
Yes it is a little dated but not in a shabby way... just a little old fashioned but I find the US a lot like that when looking at villas and condos and even some hotels. It was clean and had everything we needed and we even had a mid stay maid service when we went which was an extra bonus. Mainly we loved the space and the location and the kids enjoyed the pool.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List