Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Jun 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
brucefans
Excited about Disney

Cape Cod

We (myself DH DS18 and DS15) staying in a house in Dennisport Cape Cod for six nights. We have stayed on CC back in 2012 but would be grateful for some fresh tips on what to do/places to go.

We went to Nantucket last time so plan to visit Marthas Vineyard this trip.

Our house doesn't have a pool and I have now read that there is a significant shark problem on the Cape! Does anyone know if there are any public swimming pools we could use
brucefans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I can’t help with public swimming pools, but one activity we all loved when we visited the Cape last year, was going to Wellsfleet to the drive in move theatre - such a bucket list item for me and it didn’t disappoint! 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Just lost my long answer. There are lots of lakes and ponds on the Cape. Also lots of private clubs allow you to buy one week passes.

I would also take a whale watch out of Provincetown and visit the Audubon sanctuaries -there are 3 in the area. My kids loved Wellfleet Bay sanctuary and Tidmarsh in Plymouth is also outstanding (and my DDin law is the director).

Wellfleet Drive-in is fun especially after a meal at ARnold's on Rte 6.

May try to add more later but this computer is acting up.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
brucefans
Excited about Disney

please do, you sound like you have lots of great info - thank you!
brucefans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Definitely recommend a visit to Marthas Vineyard, we bought a day pass for the local bus company which allowed us to hop on and off as much as we wanted.
We went whale watching from Provincetown, it's a lovely place to just wander around and we would definitely go back.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

We spent most of a day on Martha’s Vineyard last September. It wasn’t long enough! If you go, make sure you visit Edgartown. If money were no object, I could retire there. If you go to Provincetown, make sure you climb the Pilgrim Monument. It’s an easy climb and the view from the top is spectacular.

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Just back from last weekend from our road trip which included 4 nights on Cape Cod.

We stayed in Hyannis and took the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. Loved the island and you must go! We also booked the tour bus which basically meets the ferry. The guide was really informative and funny without being cheesey (which I hate!). Was worth doing. We then spent the rest of the time wandering around Oak Bluffs looking at the gingerbread houses and were befriended by a local who spent a good hour of his time showing us around.

We also went to the Kennedy Museum (really interesting for an hour), Provincetown (we loved it here and the Pilgrim Monument climb), Chatham and Barnstable were also lovely.

Have fun!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List