Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jun 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
flang
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We flew in March and had exacly the same! Salmon Sandwiches! 95% of the plane didn't want them... I personally think its clever on BAs part as they did stop the second meal but due to public outcry they reinstated it with you guessed it... crappy sandwiches which nobody likes!
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am looking forward to my salmon sandwich more than the meal 😀 just as well we are all different . I love hot smoked salmon

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
colzo100
Excited about Disney

I have to disagree here! We are only back a few days and had the same type of meal/sandwiches and have to say it's one of the best aeroplane meals I have tasted.
colzo100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

You can always ditch the 'main' and make yourself a cheese salad sandwich - assuming of course that you get cheese and biscuits, IME the bread and salad always make an appearance.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jcmickey View Post
Honestly the food (in eco) was appalling was our first time flying BA and I heard the food was bad but oh well, the back up sandwiches got used. We were given the tomato cream cheese croissant, they got most of them back from passengers, honestly I have no idea what goes through a airlines mind when they rustle up these meals, they would be so much better of just serving a selection of half decent sandwiches.

On a plus I recommend any beer drinkers try the brewdog special they have on board called speedbird, well worth a try
We have literally just come back from New York today and were given the cream cheese and tomato croissants the stewardess didn’t even say what it was just gave it out my dd took one bite and spat it out dh was still saying how sick it made him feel from the one bite in the car on the way home 🤮 god knows who thinks up these menus sometimes !

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by flang View Post
We flew in March and had exacly the same! Salmon Sandwiches! 95% of the plane didn't want them... I personally think its clever on BAs part as they did stop the second meal but due to public outcry they reinstated it with you guessed it... crappy sandwiches which nobody likes!
Correct...

"So we at BA have listened to the customer feedback and closely monitored the second meal options onboard our long haul flights, and with this in mind, we are no longer going to offer this option as 95% of the customers stated they did not want it , we will continue to listen to our valued customers and take their wishes on board"

Salmon sandwiches..?...yuk... will be Boots meal deals for us 4 next week then as well...
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List