Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 May 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
We did the fjords last July on Azura with P&O
Absolutely loved it. Spectacular scenery and the ship we loves. Food and drink great and loved the atmosphere...entertainment great too. The kids loved the kids club even though as teens they never usually bother with it.
Great, glad you loved it x
Old 18 May 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
That’s a shame you didn’t enjoy it. What was it about the other passengers if you don’t mind me asking?
Their behaviour. From downright rude, to absolutely disgusting.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Their behaviour. From downright rude, to absolutely disgusting.
That’s a real shame, hopefully I have better luck 😢
Old 18 May 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s a real shame, hopefully I have better luck 😢
I’m sure you will. On Cruise Critic there are many, many people who love P&O. I think we just had a bad experience, especially with the service we had. It seems most have a great service.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

We sailed to the fjords on the Ventura about 8 years ago. I did really enjoy it and would go again, but I did miss having a week in the sun. The Ventura was lovely and I would recommend it to anyone. The thing that sticks with me is that we went on an excursion called "Panoramic Bergen and Mount Floen" (I think that's how you spell it). Trouble is it was so foggy that, far from panoramic, we couldn't see our hands in front of our face!
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post
We sailed to the fjords on the Ventura about 8 years ago. I did really enjoy it and would go again, but I did miss having a week in the sun. The Ventura was lovely and I would recommend it to anyone. The thing that sticks with me is that we went on an excursion called "Panoramic Bergen and Mount Floen" (I think that's how you spell it). Trouble is it was so foggy that, far from panoramic, we couldn't see our hands in front of our face!
Thats always a risk in Bergen, the weather can be temperamental and it rains a lot, we had same thing happen on our last trip there, what a waste of money! Would never pre book the floyban, just see if its nice enough on the day, and then go up, tickets are so easy to buy, and the town is walkable from the ship usually. Bergen is lovely anyway, the Bryggen area of little alleys is well worth exploring.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We are doing the Fjords on Britannia the first weekend in September so have read through this topic with interest! It's our 6th cruise and usually I know what I want to do by now but I'm struggling a little with this one. We are going with my parents and my sister's family to celebrate my mums 60th, she loves Norway so it was really her choice of destination. Its their first cruise so I'm just hoping they don't hate it!

We all booked saver fares as the price difference for select was huge, and now I'm worried that we won't all get the same dining allocation. Have requested anytime dining for all 3 cabins and all we can do now is hope I guess. I know you're not supposed to be able to change allocation once on board, but I'm wondering if one cabin gets given set dining I will be able to plead our case? We don't plan to eat together in the MDR every night but it would be nice to at least a few nights!

We've all decided not to pre book any excursions as the weather could be a problem- even before I saw the post above about it being foggy! My mum has parkinsons as well and she never knows how active she will feel on any given day so needs to keep her options open. My 3yr old nephew is coming so if nothing else we can walk around with him, 3yr olds make their own entertainment!

DH is sulking a bit with the choice of destination as he'd much rather do a week somewhere hot, so I'm really hoping he enjoys it more than expected. I think I'll just enjoy spending time with the family.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We are doing the Fjords on Britannia the first weekend in September so have read through this topic with interest! It's our 6th cruise and usually I know what I want to do by now but I'm struggling a little with this one. We are going with my parents and my sister's family to celebrate my mums 60th, she loves Norway so it was really her choice of destination. Its their first cruise so I'm just hoping they don't hate it!

We all booked saver fares as the price difference for select was huge, and now I'm worried that we won't all get the same dining allocation. Have requested anytime dining for all 3 cabins and all we can do now is hope I guess. I know you're not supposed to be able to change allocation once on board, but I'm wondering if one cabin gets given set dining I will be able to plead our case? We don't plan to eat together in the MDR every night but it would be nice to at least a few nights!

We've all decided not to pre book any excursions as the weather could be a problem- even before I saw the post above about it being foggy! My mum has parkinsons as well and she never knows how active she will feel on any given day so needs to keep her options open. My 3yr old nephew is coming so if nothing else we can walk around with him, 3yr olds make their own entertainment!

DH is sulking a bit with the choice of destination as he'd much rather do a week somewhere hot, so I'm really hoping he enjoys it more than expected. I think I'll just enjoy spending time with the family.
I guess trying to please all of the people all of the time is impossible on any holiday, not just a cruise. Fjords ports of call have an amazing range of things to do and you’ve probably done your research on the options for all weather variables. We’re on the Ventura mid June, travelling with DD, SIL and 8 month twins! Having cruised the fjords before, we’re just going to ‘go with the flow’!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post

I go Saturday (on the Azura though). I desperately don't want fixed dining. I tend to plan my dining around the entertainment, not the other way round, early dining makes me feel like a child, and late is quite close to bed time. I wasn't allowed to even request with my saver fare, so my first job on ship is top try to change this.

Also I'm on my own, and am happy to share tables, but don't always want the same people, I want to go to the solo meets and see if I make a friend.

I'll let you know how I get on.

I've booked the Flam railway independently, but am not booking anything else til I get there, currently the weather is awful
Old 29 May 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

... early dining makes me feel like a child, and late is quite close to bed time.
That made me laugh! Late dining means over dosing on Gaviscon for me. Go and sweet talk the MD - you’ll be fine.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List