Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 May 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
You are lucky because star wars land doesn't open when you are there, and Disney are purposely winding me up because it's opening the very day we fly out

Just get to the parks at opening and book your fastpasses, and you will enjoy seeing the changes since you last went.
Haha! I'm sure its personal. They have read your less than glowing reports on here and are out to get you!

We have mostly been out of season before (apparently out of season doesn't exist anymore) and have done full day parks. We have already accepted that this won't be possible this trip due to the heat as much as anything. We have never had FP+ before so we are intending to make the most of it. Our plan has been set out. We will hit the parks for EMH and our FPs are booked for about 9:30 onwards. I will be using the method of trying to bring the next FP forward once we have tapped in to our first ride and then will probably leave the parks at lunchtime-ish. We will either go back to CSR for a swim/nap or maybe even try a waterpark before heading back to one of the parks late afternoon/evening.

DD is rather disappointed that it doesn't have the spontaneity of previous visits but understands the need to do it this way if we wish to get the most out of it. She also understands that it is only the mornings that are on a schedule - evertything else is up for grabs.

We will make the most of it but I just hope I don't come away from it all at the end and think "I really should have spent the money elsewhere"
Old 30 May 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Unfortunately some people live in a bubble and will defend disney to the death. Your feedback like Mr T's was balanced and honest.

I admit that my feedback has sometimes been a little controversial (epcot is like shopping centre etc), but apart from the cost of going to Disney it's far too busy and that is off season and following the busy day guides, plus going to the parks as soon as they open.

We are unlikely to buy disney tickets again, and we aren't even going to Florida next year which is a shock to people we known as we have been going most years for the past 30 years. We have the funds to go but we don't think it's worth the increased cost to us.

For those people that get worried reading anything that sounds remotely negative about Disney or Florida, do remember that many dibbers like myself have seen many changes over the years so we can sound a bit grumpy, but a couple of families we know who have been to Disneyworld in the past year for the first time loved it and want to return.
This to me sums it up. If I was walking into the MK at 9.00am today for the first time ever I would be amazed and would no doubt have an awesome time. And I suspect the same experience would be had next year and the year after etc.

It's only when you have been quite a bit that things leap out at you as being 'different' and your expectations are not met.
That's progress I suppose.

I have seen a host of changes since 1994 and some have been brilliant, some not so.

In conclusion though we will still be visiting. But due to our age and other issues such as Parks being crowded the times we will spend in the Parks will vary from what took place historically.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

We're staying at CSR next May (I can't wait! ), so am glad to hear it's so lovely there. We chose based on price really, as it was the cheapest moderate (go figure!).

With regards to flights, someone else mentioned you tracked with spreadsheets etc. Do you do anything special, other than checking every day and tracking the prices in your spreadsheet? Want to make sure I'm not missing a trick! lol

Also, do you mind me asking how much you paid for your upgrade to UC? Pure curiosity. Am wondering if we could ever stretch to it, or if it's just a pipe dream for us haha.

Mmmm, that being said, I wonder if it would even be suitable for us. DD will be 3, and I wonder if the separation between the seats would be too much for her. I don't think she'd have an issue with the food as she is not fussy, but I'm not great with fancy food so it'd would probably be wasted on me. I'm just swayed by the space and the ability to lie down. I'm thinking Premium Economy would be enough for us, if a good enough price came up. Decisions, decisions.
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Nailed it Tom - all of my frustrations from the past with food, DDP and the general can't give a toss attitude of Disney cast members means that our trip this year will be our Disney curtain call.
Notwithstanding the cost, it is the cattle mentality that has taken over, especially in stroller kingdom

Each year the price goes up and the levels of quality and service are reduced. If anyone reading this finds a good CM over there please go to great pains to get their name and ensure you make mention of them, they are so few and far between these days.

Have read your Alamo comments and will be interested in how they shape up

Appreciate your detailed and honest recount and also for leaving a few questions out there that all of us going this summer will keep in mind and hopefully share with everyone one here.

Roll on August
I don't see this poor attitude from CMS.
Brilliant customer service, occasional lower than expected responses are still way higher than over here or our Europe trips and laughed off by our family group as them having a bad day. Cms at OKW we have known for 20 years or more are brilliant.

Agreed with Tom on dining and have changed accordingly.

We plan our trips to hit our spending and fly cheap, use DVC to it's fantastic advantage, eat in or off site with great value, plan parks to fit around us and now use Lyft which fits in with our plans brilliantly.

Yes prices have gone up but it's supply and demand and the demand is huge from American families with their economy booming. We are unfortunate at the moment with our exchange rate adding costs

Hope you have a great trip this year!

You will find fantastic service am sure. If not try UK Theme Parks and make your decision again! 😁😊😁
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by DreamDisney View Post
We're staying at CSR next May (I can't wait! ), so am glad to hear it's so lovely there. We chose based on price really, as it was the cheapest moderate (go figure!).

With regards to flights, someone else mentioned you tracked with spreadsheets etc. Do you do anything special, other than checking every day and tracking the prices in your spreadsheet? Want to make sure I'm not missing a trick! lol

Also, do you mind me asking how much you paid for your upgrade to UC? Pure curiosity. Am wondering if we could ever stretch to it, or if it's just a pipe dream for us haha.

Mmmm, that being said, I wonder if it would even be suitable for us. DD will be 3, and I wonder if the separation between the seats would be too much for her. I don't think she'd have an issue with the food as she is not fussy, but I'm not great with fancy food so it'd would probably be wasted on me. I'm just swayed by the space and the ability to lie down. I'm thinking Premium Economy would be enough for us, if a good enough price came up. Decisions, decisions.
To upgrade from PE to UC in November I did live chat at Midnight UK time as I was in SSR waiting to go out and spotted upgrades on Miles were available.

I paid £50.50p each plus Miles

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Great synopsis . We totally agree on DDP. The food since the introduction of it has been frankly far below average and conveyor belt .
I will cheer hugely if it ever dies away.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
To upgrade from PE to UC in November I did live chat at Midnight UK time as I was in SSR waiting to go out and spotted upgrades on Miles were available.

I paid £50.50p each plus Miles
Oh wow! That is an amazing price!

I don't have any miles unfortunately (this will be our first trip abroad in many years), so doubt I'll get such a bargain. Thanks for letting me know though
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

Great report-thank you.
Rob & Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List